Crosshair V Formula Intel Boot Agent GE V.1.3.5.1 PXE-E05 has not started help

Addonic
Level 7
---------- Original Message ----------
Sent : 5/28/2012 7:18:54 PM
To : "tsd@asus.com.tw"
Subject : RE: Motherboard Crosshair V Formula

Hi,

Just checking to see if you need anything else since my board has been in repair
for 7 business days and 4 weekend days... Do I need to do something else?

Thanks
Chris

[Product Information]
*Product Type : Motherboard
*Product Model : Crosshair V Formula
*Product S/N : XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Purchase Date : 2012/4/14
Case Number :

[ Brief Description]
on boot up i get Intel Boot Agent GE V.1.3.5.1 PXE-E05 has not started. LAN NVM
configuration corrupted or has not been initialized. The BOOT Agent cannot continue
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asus tech replied:

Currently they have marked it as physically damaged and they are checking stock before offering you the repair fee. Usually there is a repair fee of around $120. If you are not interesting in paying a repair fee then I can go ahead and tell them to reject it and return it to you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Krisenda A.
ASUS Product Support
812-282-2787

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I then got a little pissed and sent them an email saying:

No repair fees it was working just fine when I sent it in, other then the problem I reported to you, I am not paying, I have read many reviews that you RMA service does this often, I will go the the Better Business Bureau if my board is not fixed and returned in working order. It was being reported on your RMA site that the board was in repair for 7 business days and two weekends, I have copies of the web site each day I checked it. There was no report of it being marked as damaged If you had the board for 11 days and finally marked it as damaged it must have been on your end not mine.
==================================================================
Asus replied:

**Please do not respond to this email. For any inquiries, please contact ASUS Product Support at http://service.asus.com or 812-282-2787**

Dear Mr. ________,

Your RMA has been received; however there is a delay in processing as your unit was received with (missing/damaged components), which is not covered under the ASUS manufacturer warranty. Due to the severity of the physical damage your unit is not repairable and needs to be replaced. For your reference, please review the attached pictures. For more information in regards to types of damage not covered under ASUS manufacturer warranty, please visit http://service.asus.com, http://support.asus.com, and/or refer to your User Manual. If you would like to continue with the RMA process for your ASUS product, please return the completed and signed credit card form by one of the following methods:

Fax: 510-797-2102

Email: (for payment only) monica_villicana@asus.com (PDF/JPG formats accepted only)

Payment will need to be received no later than (5/1/12

) to prevent your RMA from being returned unrepaired on (5/4/12). The repair process will take approximately 5-10 business days for repairs to be completed once payment has been approved.

Cost of Replacement(all amounts are USD) –

enter amounts on credit card form PRIOR to printing the form:

Parts - $168.00

Shipping – please select

one shipping method only on credit card form

Sales Tax** – please select

one option only on credit card form

**Only if you reside in California or Canada will sales tax be charged. If you are outside California or Canada, please select "none".

All credit card forms must be received with a physical signature for credit card payment processing. If sending via email, you will need to complete the form, sign, and scan as a PDF/JPG format.

Thank you,
ASUS Product Support Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The board worked before I sent it in and they want me to pay for repairs after they have had the board for 11+ days WTF!!!
Everyone that has the ASUS Crosshair V Formula/Thunderbolt version needs to check the main boards Lan Card its a defect

After many days of calling the Techs and emailing everyone 🙂 a tech called me and said they were going to replace my board:)

added my sig for when it was working
13 REPLIES 13

Just got off the phone with tech support they said the board is not booting and it looks like somone stabbed it with a screw driver and that there is no way i did it (his words) they said they are emailing the Floor supervisor to see whats going on and for me to call back later today or in the morning. I asked if it was the Lan chip he said no it looks like a transistor.

Gorman
Level 12
ASUS are always doing ridiculous things huh. Stabbing components with screwdrivers seems like a new low though 🙂

I'm not about to take my notebook apart to take photos before sending it in though!

Tech support is working it out, that is what the last tech said to me. He said they are going to try to get a waiver because it does not look like something somone did.... he said there was no other scratches to the board its just one chip missing
I will post updates

Addonic
Level 7