cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crosshair v formula crossfire question

Retired
Not applicable
Ok I recently purchased a crosshair v formula and im looking to buy my graphics card next. Id like the eah6970 dcii. Does the CVF support these in crossfire?
4 REPLIES 4

Cyrekk
Level 10
You can, but you will end up blocking all other expansion slots except your PCI legacy slot, and you will block your onboard pwr reset, etc buttons on the bottom as well. You might also have some trouble with the USB and FP audio headers down there too.
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS

Yes, you will want to wire the board before you install those bad boys..
I cross fired 6850's on a V and you can forget about ever seeing those little buttons again.
This is something that the Crosshair IV Extreme has over the V, its a giant board
that you can get to everything..
Always wondered why that darn ram had to be so close to the cpu..

Good Luck.c.

Retired
Not applicable
Thank you very much for the posts guys. But do I really need access to those buttons. I still haven't bought the video cards i could still change my mind. Kinda wish I would have bought the CIVE instead. 😞

You block everything on the bottom of the board.

Here is what you will block.
__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__

My System Specs @ OCN
Asus Crosshair V, AMD X6 1090T @ 3.6Ghz with Coolit Vantage, 4x G.Skill Flare F3-14400CL7D 7-8-7-24 @ 1800 with OCZ XTC Ram Cooler, XFX 5870 with AC Extreme 5870 + VRM-R3
2x Corsair Force 115GB Raid 0 + WD Green 1TB + 1.5TB + Kingston SSD 30GB, Corsair HX750, Dell ST2410, HAF X, Asus Xonar STX, Superlux 668B, Zalman MC-1, Edifier S330D