cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair help from a gamer

Gamer02
Level 7
Hi all, i am so annoyed, and i have lost almost all hope for my new motherboard. I am crying out for help today, because after i tried to go into ez flash and go to my dvd/cd cus the cd that followed with the Crosshair V Formula i used the install from the cd, and then my screen was permanently black after that, and since havnt gotten to do anything with it, my screen and the motherboard worker before, it starts and function properly but my screen stays black. But my point is. That iv'e just gotten this V formula motherboard.. and installed it in my computer today, But i havent gotten it to operate, when i was in bios it saw my SSD disk (c) and my (d) driver. But stoped when "starting windows"....Please help

Specs:
AMD FX-8150 8-Core Processor
Socket- AM3+, 3.6Ghz, 125W, 8MB L2 + 8MB L3 Cache

ASUS Crosshair V Formula, Socket-AM3+
ATX, 990FX+SB850, DDR3, 4xPCIe(2.0)x16, CFX&SLI,

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 4GB CL9 X2

Chieftec Super Series 750W PSU

Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 X2

Corsair SSD Force Series 2,5" 60GB

I really apreciate all help and guides info, and tips etc.. THANKS And apologies for the bad English.

From a worried Gamer.
21 REPLIES 21

HiVizMan
Level 40
Edit: Thanks to kkn for the assist.

Ok so your system worked before but once you tried to load the DVD it stopped working and has not worked since.

Please do a clear CMOS and make sure the VGA cable and PSU connectors are correct.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Thanks kkn this chap is from your part of the world, feel free to jump in and help out in your home language if you think it would help.

HiVizMan wrote:
Edit: Thanks to kkn for the assist.

Ok so your system worked before but once you tried to load the DVD it stopped working and has not worked since.

Please do a clear CMOS and make sure the VGA cable and PSU connectors are correct.

When i first tried to start with the new motherboard and the new CPU it started but nothing showed on my screen. And after that, i switched my Graphics card into another slot, and then i could see what happened, i just got the normal bios start, press "delete" to enter bios or w/e. And i did that, everything was fine well...Almost "fine" if it all where fine i would gotten it all to work. But then i tried to start normaly for the first time, with GPU working. and then when it said "starting windows" it went like 1second and restarted to "press delete to enter bios" and after that i went to ez flash, since i had the cd from the box inside. and went into it and just pressed install. and then my screen turned black after it was finished. But i use HDMI cable and i have done a CMOS nothing happened....

kkn
Level 14
he did get in to bios but after booting to OS it all went black

Chris_Manico
Level 10
sounds like maybe incompatible bios with the 8150, I'd do like HiVizman said find out what bios your board shipped with, and seeing as you mentioned the CD and EZflash, I'd check to see what bios version is on the cd as well, one would think it'd ship with the same bios as the board shipped with, but who knows. just a thought. all in all it might be as simple as using a UBS drive to flash your bios to a newer version with support for the 8150. Have you tried resetting your bios to factory?
Corsair Carbide 540 Air ~ AMD FX 8350 ~ Asus Crosshair V Formula Z ~ 1901 BIOS ~ Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400 MHz 2x8 Gb CMD16X3M2A2400C10 ~ EVGA GTX 1080 Ti ~ Corsair AX860i PSU ~ Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb SATA 3 SSD ~ WD 4 TB 7200 RPM 64 MB ( RMA'd ) ~ Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum ~ Corsair SP2500 2.1 Gaming Speakers ~ 27 Samsung SA550 HD LED Monitor ~

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thanks kkn this chap is from your part of the world, feel free to jump in and help out in your home language if you think it would help.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:

Soz, the last number on the sticker was 0903.

Chris_Manico
Level 10
hmm, pretty sure that anything after 0803 supports the FX chips, I'd try cleaing the cmos .
Corsair Carbide 540 Air ~ AMD FX 8350 ~ Asus Crosshair V Formula Z ~ 1901 BIOS ~ Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400 MHz 2x8 Gb CMD16X3M2A2400C10 ~ EVGA GTX 1080 Ti ~ Corsair AX860i PSU ~ Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb SATA 3 SSD ~ WD 4 TB 7200 RPM 64 MB ( RMA'd ) ~ Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum ~ Corsair SP2500 2.1 Gaming Speakers ~ 27 Samsung SA550 HD LED Monitor ~

Chris Manico wrote:
hmm, pretty sure that anything after 0803 supports the FX chips, I'd try cleaing the cmos .

How do i do that?;P

I do really need help here guys. Please...I really need this to work asap:/...Soz for the "spamm"