cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crosshair formula -z not powering up

deathknightruin
Level 7
When i finished installing this board, and powered everything up, the power button did nothing. Looking at the Mobo, the graphic led is lit up and only the "Reset" button is lit. I reconnected the power and noticed the "Start" button lights up for a half a second and then goes out. I tested the power supply cables (8 pin and 24 pin) they are working fine. I also tried removing all components and tried powering up with only the cpu, and I get the same results. I have re-seated the cpu also.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for things i can try, or knows what the issue is? I am thinking my Mobo might be bad, but willing to troubleshoot. I ended up putting my old MOBO back into the case and everything is working fine. The only thing i can't test is the cpu (amd 8350) because my old board doesn't support it.

connect power -> board graphic lights up -> Start button flashes once -> reset button stays lit -> no Q code or any other light: what could be wrong? I am guessing it is a power issue, but someone may be able to shed some more knowledge about this.

update: So i took it out the case and placed it on cardboard. When plugging it in the start light does light up. However nothing happens when i press the power button.

update 2: used a working cpu just to see and nothing is happening still. Start button is still lighting up.
3 REPLIES 3

elesde
Level 10
Looks like you already tried pretty much everything.
Guess the board is defective, maybe ASUS support has any more ideas before you go the RMA route...

elesde wrote:
Looks like you already tried pretty much everything.
Guess the board is defective, maybe ASUS support has any more ideas before you go the RMA route...

Yea that's how i feel about it at this point. I called a few of my IT pals and they both agreed with what you just said. Thanks for the reply I will send Tiger the RMA request.

elesde
Level 10
GL with that, hope you get a prompt replacement.