cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crossfire V Formula Z will not post and cannot access BIOS

geeksquared
Level 7
Hi Guys,

I've just installed a new all-in-one cooling loop in my system. I got everything back together and powered the system on and find that it hangs on the ROG logo screen. I get no BIOS error beeps, the Q-Code LEDs show 00 and all the fans and MoBo LEDs/Buttons are working (suggesting the board is not dead) but the system will not accept inputs from my USB keyboard so I cannot enter the BIOS setting screen.

So far I have:
Tried both hot and cold restarts,
Reseated my graphics card,
Reseated my RAM,
Checked the connections on my SATA drives (3 of them, all properly connected)
Checked the internal and external connections for my USB sockets and tried a different keyboard (all connections solid and the key backlights and numlock LEDs active when the keyboards are plugged in regardless of which socket is used)
Cleared CMOS with FAST-BOOT switch in both poisitions

Any suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3

Edson_Alex
Level 7
Clear CMOS ?

geeksquared
Level 7
Tried Clearing CMOS with no result.

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi geeksquared and sorry to here of your delema.

Although Qcode 00 is undocumented, It could be many things and you will not progress your post until this is resolved, however other post suggest it is your CPU and you may have to inspect for bent pins.
As you indicate you have recently installed your cooler, and this error is continuing without resolve, I suggest you follow the same procedure for Fault Finding or No Post at all.
Should you decide to follow this procedure, it is best to do it outside your case, to eliminate the possibility of case shorting MB.

I can link you to the FF procedure should you wish to go this route.

Good Luck and please report back.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]