cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU Fan Error

bradrcfii1
Level 7
I receive a BIOS error, "CPU Fan Error". I am using water and thus have no CPU fan. I disabled the CPU fan buit still receive tghe error.

What gives?

Thanks,
Brad
Rampage IV Extreme, I3930, GTX680 Koolance Cooling, Kingston SSD, Seasonic 1000W PS
278,044 Views
14 REPLIES 14

Raja
Level 13
Have you set CPU Fan Speed Low Limit to Ignore or just disabled Q-FAN?

I disabled the CPU fan? I did not touch Q-Fabn becuase I am not sure what Q-Fan is>\?

What should I do?
Brad
Rampage IV Extreme, I3930, GTX680 Koolance Cooling, Kingston SSD, Seasonic 1000W PS

bradrcfii@yahoo.com wrote:
I disabled the CPU fan? I did not touch Q-Fabn becuase I am not sure what Q-Fan is>\?

What should I do?



In BIOS, go to the Fan control section not the monitoring section. The CPU fan headers should be listed - should show "CPU Q-FAN Control - Enabled or Disabled", Enable that setting. Then you will see the setting below that is "CPU Fan Speed Low Limit", set that to Ignore.

i'm having this same error with my new noctua d14 se2011. first cpu fan error, and rpm go down from 300RPM to stop the fan finally

i wrote to noctua to check if they are working on this side, and this is that they told me:

"I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing troubles with one of our CPU coolers.
A possible fix for this issue will be to disable the q-fan option in bios, your fans will then spin at full speed.
I am told that the Rampage Formula IV mainboard has a bug which results in this behaviour. Please contact Asus support again, we're unable to help you in this case as this isn't a fault of our fans."

the noise level is killing me.

i don't know how Noctua can confirm that their D14 Se2011 are compatible with Rampage Formula when they KNOW that their fans doesn't work now. they can put a WARNING message in their website.......

this is terrible.....

Raja, one question, are asus ingeniers working to fix this, or should i buy other fans (im looking Akasa Apache PWM, with RPM range 600-1300 RPM, and i think they shuold work)?
I7 3820@4.5(1.29v)// RampageIV Formula // NH-D14 Se2011 + akasa apache (12+14cm)
Palit GTX580 815c// RV-02 // 8gb GEIL evo Corsa-2240-12-12-12-36(1.52v)
WD 500 Black // Seagate Eco 1GB // Crucial M4 128gb // LEPA G900W

I have the same issue with noctua d14 se2011 🙂 But my CPU has 30°C so I am glad that Noctua has 0 RPM and CPU is cooling passively and when CPU reach higher temperature Noctua start spin. So I get error message "CPU fan has 0 RMP" (but CPU teperature is 31°C) everytime to start windows.

Is here any way to set FAN treshold to 0 RMP in AI Suite (Probe II)? I think that sould be possible with this high-end mbo.

darivo wrote:
i'm having this same error with my new noctua d14 se2011. first cpu fan error, and rpm go down from 300RPM to stop the fan finally

i wrote to noctua to check if they are working on this side, and this is that they told me:

"I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing troubles with one of our CPU coolers.
A possible fix for this issue will be to disable the q-fan option in bios, your fans will then spin at full speed.
I am told that the Rampage Formula IV mainboard has a bug which results in this behaviour. Please contact Asus support again, we're unable to help you in this case as this isn't a fault of our fans."

the noise level is killing me.

i don't know how Noctua can confirm that their D14 Se2011 are compatible with Rampage Formula when they KNOW that their fans doesn't work now. they can put a WARNING message in their website.......

this is terrible.....

Raja, one question, are asus ingeniers working to fix this, or should i buy other fans (im looking Akasa Apache PWM, with RPM range 600-1300 RPM, and i think they shuold work)?



If that is a 3 pin fan, use the chassis headers to control them. To disable the fan speed warning and F1 halt message, set the low speed limit in UEFI to ignore as I stated in my post to bradrcfii. There will be no "BIOS" fix for the CPU headers to support 3 pin fans on these boards as it is a hardware limitation.

If it's an RPM issue, then set a manual profile that results in the speeds you want.

If it's anything other than that, please contact ASUS Support in Spain, I work for the US region.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
If that is a 3 pin fan, use the chassis headers to control them. To disable the fan speed warning and F1 halt message, set the low speed limit in UEFI to ignore as I stated in my post to bradrcfii. There will be no "BIOS" fix for the CPU headers to support 3 pin fans on these boards as it is a hardware limitation.

If it's an RPM issue, then set a manual profile that results in the speeds you want.

If it's anything other than that, please contact ASUS Support in Spain, I work for the US region.



Raja, the noctua D14 Se-2011 have PWM fans (4 pins).
This fans, spins about 300RPM min & 1300RPM max.

But in Formula, when fan is at minimum level (300RPM) the RPM go down until fan stops finally.

I know how to ignore error in bios, but i think isn't a good solution (solution is work in PWM range, don't stop)

Noctua tell me (everyone can read their answer to me) that is a Bug from Rampage motherboards with their fans; but their fans are OK

Thanks Raja, i will contact to asus Spain support.

I have the same issue with noctua d14 se2011 But my CPU has 30°C so I am glad that Noctua has 0 RPM and CPU is cooling passively and when CPU reach higher temperature Noctua start spin. So I get error message "CPU fan has 0 RMP" (but CPU teperature is 31°C) everytime to start windows.

Is here any way to set FAN treshold to 0 RMP in AI Suite (Probe II)? I think that sould be possible with this high-end mbo.



thank you DefaceeviL, but i don't think this will be a solution for me!!!
I7 3820@4.5(1.29v)// RampageIV Formula // NH-D14 Se2011 + akasa apache (12+14cm)
Palit GTX580 815c// RV-02 // 8gb GEIL evo Corsa-2240-12-12-12-36(1.52v)
WD 500 Black // Seagate Eco 1GB // Crucial M4 128gb // LEPA G900W

darivo wrote:
Raja, the noctua D14 Se-2011 have PWM fans (4 pins).
This fans, spins about 300RPM min & 1300RPM max.

But in Formula, when fan is at minimum level (300RPM) the RPM go down until fan stops finally.

I know how to ignore error in bios, but i think isn't a good solution (solution is work in PWM range, don't stop)

Noctua tell me (everyone can read their answer to me) that is a Bug from Rampage motherboards with their fans; but their fans are OK

Thanks Raja, i will contact to asus Spain support.



!


What happens when you set the fan up manually without Q-FAN and set the minimum speed above 300 RPM with temp? All that this means is that your fans need a longer duty cycle than the minimum supplied by the board, in which case set a manual profile to prevent a speed that is too low. Is there something stopping you from doing this?

And why should the fan spin when the CPU is "cold" anyway?

Raja@ASUS wrote:
In BIOS, go to the Fan control section not the monitoring section. The CPU fan headers should be listed - should show "CPU Q-FAN Control - Enabled or Disabled", Enable that setting. Then you will see the setting below that is "CPU Fan Speed Low Limit", set that to Ignore.


That worked for me! I had the same issue. Thank you.