cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU Display Audio setting

Wallboy
Level 7
Under Advanced > System Agent Configuration > CPU Display Audio. Does anyone know what this actually does? Thanks.

EDIT: Also just another little question. I'm reading through the VII Hero Manual and it says it has DirectKey, and even has a setting in the BIOS for it, but from what I can tell, these boards no longer have a DirectKey button or it's associated 2-pin connector. Is this right?
2 REPLIES 2

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi Wallboy 😄

Wallboy wrote:
Under Advanced > System Agent Configuration > CPU Display Audio. Does anyone know what this actually does? Thanks.

Allows the CPU to support audio if CPU has this capability, Enable or Disable. Just how it works exactly idk.

EDIT: Also just another little question. I'm reading through the VII Hero Manual and it says it has DirectKey, and even has a setting in the BIOS for it, but from what I can tell, these boards no longer have a DirectKey button or it's associated 2-pin connector. Is this right?

I believe Keybot has now replaced this function. Allows you to assign macros and functions to your Keyboard when keybot is pressed and keybot USB port is used (located below the PS2 port). You can assign a function key to go direct to Bios.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Ahh ya I guess KeyBot would have replaced it. So this DirectKey setting probably doesn't do anything now?

And yeah, I still can't figure out what the CPU Display Audio actually does. I'm thinking it's for if you're using the audio output through the boards HDMI/DVI ports.