cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer freezes at random times (No POST a lot of times)and Screen Glitches crazy!

Lorg_Grimm
Level 7
Good Day everyone, for the past week I am wrestling this problem where my computer would freeze suddenly in between operation and monitor starts flickering/glitching like crazy (Sometimes my monitor even produces a crackling sound when it happens) I was able to find 2 posts with similar problem to mine and the pics shown in that is very close to mine.

(Link 1 Link 2)

I don't believe this is a software issue since sometimes the screen glitching happens during the Bios screen and Bios configuration as well. But other times the computer works fine as usual... but every single time the screen glitching problem occurs I immediately hit the restart button and my Comp goes in a boot loop unable to even reach post. It throws around different error codes but the most common ones are 00 and A2. Where it shows 00 and then restarts again and the process keeps continuing (Red light is seen on the CPU_LED in the motherboard when it happens) until it just randomly and magically just starts functioning normally again and then suddenly the problem returns back (It's a very annoying hell hole!).

Additional note: I had a youtube video running once when the problem occurred and the music just screetched like a banshee. In other words, when the screen glitch happens, my comp processes are malfunctioning so its not a monitor issue.

I'm an incredibly broke person trying to make ends meet and I don't have enough money to replace the entire system and I'm trying to figure out which particular part is malfunctioning so I can replace just that part. But it seems in situations like these the problem could range from a faulty PSU or a MOBO problem to my CPU + Integrated graphics malfunctioning etc.

Please throw me your suggestions.

Computer Specs: MOBO: Asus Maximus vii hero motherboard

CPU: Intel core i7 Processor (4790K) LGA-1150 (4 Cores) Supports 2 channel DDR3 Memory.

PSU: Corsair VS650 ATX Power Supply (650 watt)

RAM: HyperX Memory. 2 x 8GB DDR3 (1866 CL10 240 Pin UDIMM) Memory Module (Total 16 Gigs RAM)

FAN: Cooler master Hyper TX3 Eco (Intel LGA 1151)

SSD: Samsung SSD 850 Pro (256GB)

HDD: WD Blue 2TB (2015)

Cabinet: Cooler master 912 HAF (Micro ATX/ATX)

Monitor: Dell S2240L 21.5 inch LED Backlit (1080P,59Hz,8Bit)

DVD: GH24NSC0 Internal 24x Super Multi with M-DISC™ Support

What happens to my comp looks pretty much exactly like these images.
1 REPLY 1

itsakjt
Level 7

Hello there, please take out the RAM sticks and wipe the gold plate e contacts with a microfiber cloth dabbed in Iso Propyl alcohol. After that, install the RAM sticks back on the correct slots. 

This should resolve the issue. If it does not, then one or more of the RAM sticks are likely the culprit and that will need deeper troubleshooting.