cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clock watchdog timeout m7f

sajocolo
Level 7
Hi everyone, after a new build an December im getting a bluescreen CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT i7 4790k on M7F, the thing is I only use Ez tunning on the Bios and its alwaya end with a 4.8 mhz on the cpu after these blue screens I did it again on the Bios using Ez tunning and now it only goes up to 4.5 MHZ on cpu, so I Try many time and it wont pass that using ez tunning, then I try ez mode then use performace on ez tunning and it went to 4.8 but fot the blue screen the next day. So if anyone know whats wrong here or the cause cause some say its the cpu but so soon giving problems, and everything its updated .Tvm for any aswer.
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hello sajocolo

When overclocking don't use the ez tune.

While it is convenient the voltage applied is an estimate, Do your overclocking manually, you will have control over the voltage that's applied. In your case it seems the ez tune is not applying enough voltage for your cpu to be stable.

sajocolo
Level 7
I never try that way gonna need a guide, but it seems strange after a few months it became unst
able.

Nate152
There could be other factors causing it too. If you would like help overclocking your cpu, start a thread in the overclocking section and list your complete system specs including your cpu cooler, I will be glad to help you.