cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clear cmos necessary to reboot after changing OC profile to STock Profile

symsei
Level 7
Hello !
Since installing my new 3930 cpu, it's impossible to reboot after changing my backup OC profile to my backup Stock Profile without a clear cmos. But the same stock profile charged after clear cmos start without problem !!!
And of course I can boot with my OC profile witch is stable !!!
If Someone would have an idee !
55 REPLIES 55

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello

I am unsure what you are trying to do.

You want to load a OC profile? Is that correct?

Navigate to the profiles in the tools section.
Select the profile you wish to load - just type the number in.
Press enter

Once you have done so F10 and enter.

Is that what you mean...
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

symsei
Level 7
Oh, sorry for my bad english !
No in fact when I play with my PC Overclcoked (With the profile OC saved in the bios) and When I have finished to play, I retart may PC and in the bios, I load my stock profile (with is saved) and I restart my PC. But I'ts impossible to boot. The PC don't boot and remain off. I must do a Clear cmos and after retarting my pc I load my stock profile and then, I can't retart my PC...
I call "stock profile" the profil with parameters without any overclocking that I have saved in the bios.
I hope You will better understand that I mean...

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Maybe the stock profile contains something it shouldn't....go through it and check it. Anyway the bios contains set optimised defaults so maybe use that to reestablish your "stock" profile...:)

symsei
Level 7
Thank you I'll try it.
But all is on auto; just my ram is at 1866 (11-11-11-31) and it's gskill ripjaws 2400 (4 * 4 go)

symsei wrote:
my ram is at 1866 (11-11-11-31) and it's gskill ripjaws 2400 (4 * 4 go)

Is that your SDRAM specs, or just what "auto" picked for you? What are your RAM specs, including voltage, or the RAM pt# exactly? Is it just a single set, or two sets that you put together?
i7-3930K; Asus RIVE; G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 4x4GB DDR3 1866; MSI 7870 2GD5/OC; Crucial M4 SSD 256GB;
Corsair 1000HX; Corsair H100, 4x Excalibur 120mm PWM CPU Fan p-p, AS5; SB X-Fi Titanium Fata1ity Pro;
Dell U2412m IPS 1920x1200; Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Tripp-Lite OMNIVS1500 UPS fully Line-interactive.
(EVGA site: ) And I have a second (wife's) computer, Eve.

Overclocking is useless to me if it is not rock stable.

HalloweenWeed wrote:
Is that your SDRAM specs, or just what "auto" picked for you? What are your RAM specs, including voltage, or the RAM pt# exactly? Is it just a single set, or two sets that you put together?

I'm sorry but I did'nt see your last post. And I apologize because I'm French and I have difficulties to understand english language...
I try to answer to that I think I understand but may be It is'nt the answer you expect...
But please stay to help me.
my ram are those : http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=516
4 * 4 Go

HiVizMan
Level 40
This is what I want you to do.

Go into BIOS.

F5 and enter.
Now save to a OC profile. Use the number 6 slot for this profile.
F10 and enter.
Once back in BIOS load number 6 profile.
F10 and enter.

Does your system boot?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

symsei
Level 7
ok I'll try later I'm now at my job...
I'have 7 profil saved... for information... but I only use the 1 ans the 2,
but by the way I havent save a profil to the 6 before my new cpu if I good remember...

HiVizMan
Level 40
If you are trying to load a profile that was set with a different CPU that will not work sadly. Or it will be very unstable if it does post.

But I will check back later to see how it goes.