cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHV & the Bulldozer CPU - Memory Question(s)...

MoreBloodWine
Level 7
With the CHV and this CPU in mind for use until the BD FX-8170 is released what from the below linked wishlist would be the best memory (all from the QVL) to use with the BD in mind since it will be whats used when released ?

New Build Stuff (CHV Memory)
MyU2Sig.com Gen Status: - Total unique user count:

Sig OK'd by Brian@ASUS.
21 REPLIES 21

TechJackass88
Level 7
My buddy had great luck with Corsair in his system, but it was 1333 kit, I am happy with G.Skil, but it was a beeatch to config it at first. I will use my 16 GB at 1600 when BD comes out, there is no good reason to go any further unless you really mad scientist or run SolidWorks particle analysis day and night.
My ROG: MOBO: ASUS Crosshair V Formula | CPU: AMD 1100T Black Edition (O/C 4.125 GHz) | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 4x4 GB (PC12800 842 MHz) | PSU: Rosewill 1000W 80+ Bronse
GPU: 2xEVGA GTX 560Ti 2GB VRAM | Primary HDD: Samsung 470S 128 GB SSD | Secondary HDD's: 3x WD Caviar Green 2TB Non Raid | ODD: Samsung BD-R/DVD-RW
Cooling: CPU: Corsair H5O with Push Pull Scythe Slipstream fans | Rest: GELID Ultra quiet closed loop fans. | Control: Zalman ZM-MFC2

Jaytheredneck1
Level 8
I was thinking of getting 32GB and running large hadron collider simulations in the background when BD comes out 😉 You guys can fold at home, I'll solve the mysteries of the universe.

lol j/k ofcourse. Wait.... is there a shared computing program related to the Cern LHC?
Crosshair V Formula 990FX 0506 Bios - Phenom II X6 1100T - Gskill Sniper 1600MHz (4x4GB) - Saphire Radeon 6770 - OCZ Agility 3 60GB - WD Black 1TB - Cooler Master V6GT - Antec Dark Fleet 85 - Antec CP-850 - Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Jaytheredneck1 wrote:
I was thinking of getting 32GB and running large hadron collider simulations in the background when BD comes out 😉 You guys can fold at home, I'll solve the mysteries of the universe.

lol j/k ofcourse. Wait.... is there a shared computing program related to the Cern LHC?

Please stay on topic but to answer about the LHC, yes there's crunching you can do at home for them via the BOINC client.

Seems the page is down though ATM: http://lhcathome.web.cern.ch/LHCathome/lhcathome/home.php

Sig OK'd by Brian@ASUS.

MoreBloodWine
Level 7
Anyone else want to chime in on the original question ?

Sig OK'd by Brian@ASUS.

TechJackass88
Level 7
get highest specs possible, and tune it in BIOS, you can always downclock.
My ROG: MOBO: ASUS Crosshair V Formula | CPU: AMD 1100T Black Edition (O/C 4.125 GHz) | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 4x4 GB (PC12800 842 MHz) | PSU: Rosewill 1000W 80+ Bronse
GPU: 2xEVGA GTX 560Ti 2GB VRAM | Primary HDD: Samsung 470S 128 GB SSD | Secondary HDD's: 3x WD Caviar Green 2TB Non Raid | ODD: Samsung BD-R/DVD-RW
Cooling: CPU: Corsair H5O with Push Pull Scythe Slipstream fans | Rest: GELID Ultra quiet closed loop fans. | Control: Zalman ZM-MFC2

chrsplmr
Level 18
I think the question is 'Who is using what that is working?'
Best that is for the speed you think you want to run.
What has worked? Settings, ect.

I'm using Dom GT 1866 4x2 (@1333-1866) (not on qvl) - bios 506

chrsplmr wrote:
I think the question is 'Who is using what that is working?'
Ok, so lets make that official then.

Who is using what that is working regardless of wether or not it's on the QVL ?

Sig OK'd by Brian@ASUS.

chrsplmr
Level 18
It makes sense to me. Why else are we all here.
If this and that doesnt work..but those and the other do..well...what?
We all just want the boards to do the best they can until BD so
we can really dig into it...
I'm having no issues at this point..... and my cpuz play is below.

Oh I know, I didnt meant for my last reply to come accross wrong if it did 😉

Sig OK'd by Brian@ASUS.