Level 10
Hi,

i need some help 😄

Specs Are:

Crosshair V - Bios 1703
AMD FX 8120 @ Currently at Stock
16GB Corsair Vengeance / CML16GX3M4A1600C9
- 4x4GB / 1600/ 9-9-9-24 / 1.5Volt

The Raid 5 is build from 4x Seagate 2TB (ST2000DM001) flashed to latest firmware.
The Hard Drives are seeming fine. Smart OK. No Bad Sectors (tested with HDAT2)

The Problem is under high load on the raid i get following BSOD:

DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I guess that is a Ram Problem?

Following things i tried:

- Upped DDR Voltage to 1.65 - same problem
- Loaded the 4GB Settings from Bios - loosed the timings to 10-11-12-28 and raised CPU / NB Voltage to 1.4 - same problem but somewhat more stable in my opinion xD

Im Read somewhere if the board has 4 memory slots and there a stick of ram in every slot. amd fx only support 1333 mhz if the ram is dual ranked. so i lowered the speed to 1333 same problem. (i dont know if the ram is dual ranked 😐 )

Im thankful for any advice.

greetings

shmo

//edit could be that kaspersky is causing issues here? I currently not at home i will check later
5 REPLIES 5

schm0
Level 10
okay kaspersky was not the problem. someone has an advice for me?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello mate do you have this issue with two sticks?

I would strongly suggest that you run the memtest86+ as per the guide in my sig. I could just be that one stick has a small problem and is causing this.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

schm0
Level 10
I will test with with two Sticks later. Which slots should i use?
Which are the best slots for dual channel?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please use the red slots for now.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thanks for your help!

i have tested the ram when i first build the system and everthing was fine.
But to make sure i run memtest as you suggested and indeed one stick is faulty now. I guess its RMA time now. Do you know i have to rma the hole kit or just the faulty stick?

For the time being im currently running 8GB / 2x4GB @ Everything at Stock voltage and advised Speed and timings works great and stable.

Thanks again mate 😄