cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CH V Issue with sound

Retired
Not applicable
Hello there guys!!

I have a really big issue and I dont know if the motherboard is defective or I missed any drivers or bios set up.
I just got my CH V and I have installed all the drivers mising from a clean windows 7 ultimate 64 installation which where graphics card, intel lan, chipset, realtek sound and USB3. Then I installed Winamp and I realized that only the right speaker sounds but the left one doesnt!!!. I tried two headphones and nothing. I also tried the front panel in HD mode and winamp crashes and says that there is no sound driver and all sounds stop. No output no more until I restart -_-.

Has this happened the anyone? Do you think I should refund the motherboard? What do you think guys?

My specs:
Phenom II x6 1055T
Asus GTX 470
Kingston Hyperx DDR3 1600mhz x2 4gb
Western black 500gb (primary)
Hitachy 500gb (downloads)
Western green 2tb (data)
windows 7 ultimate 64bits

Thx
4 REPLIES 4

Retired
Not applicable
We're all (a lot) having sound issues with this board. Try to do read my post about that youll see!

Retired
Not applicable
I checked the post but I think my problem is more physical than drivers related... The jack just doesn't work...

Raja
Level 13
I am in HQ and ran audio tests today and found no faults on this end at all.

File download of all screenshots showing what we had set etc:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fskqnjz25spfsg7/C5F%20Audio%20Bug.rar

Checked optical rear IO header and S/PDIF header.

Config:

M/B: Crosshair V Formula
BIOS:0705
CPU and S-Spec(OPN Number): AMD ZD302046W4K43_36/30/20_2/8_A 3.01Ghz
DRAM: PATRIOT PVS34G2000LLKN 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000)
HDD: Seagate ST3500413AS 500G HDD
VGA: ASUS ENG310 SILENT/DI/512MD3/DP
Audio: On-board realtek
Audio driver Version:6.0.1.6363
O.S Type: windows7 64 bit professional

We can't seem to replicate on this end.

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
Hmm I just checked your screenshot and ur bios version (urs is newer but is not in the website yet...). Seems like we have the same driver but the GUI is different, also Im not using the digital output? I have the realtek DH Audio Manager, just the one you can download from the website, not the sound blaster one. What I have tried so far is uninstalling the drivers and now the front panel works, I used a jack 3,5mm extension and plugged the speakers there and now I have stereo again... and the microphone works too. Is definitely defective; all my configurations are fine. I have even tried the supreme fx II from my old Crosshair 2 but seem like I cant install the drivers cos is incompatible somehow -_-.

I asked amazon for a replacement so lets see, although it might take up to 1 month (LOL?) Lets see...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/screenshotyrr.jpg