cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant get Corsair Vengeance to run at 1600mhz

el_terrible
Level 8
Hey,

I can't get my 8gb of Corsair Vengeance to run at 1600mhz.. The motherboard sets it to 1333mhz 9-9-9-24 timings, even though I have the cl8 version that should be able to run at 8-8-8-24 1600mhz.. I have also tried to run at 9-9-9-24 1600mhz but all I get is error code 45.. I tried running the xmp profile, but still only error code 45..

Anyone know the correct timings?

Intel i7-2600k CPU running at default settings, only overclocking is the default turbo-mode. I have tried with turbo mode disabled aswell.
12 REPLIES 12

Raja
Level 13
Hi,

Try increasing VCCIO to 1.10V. I am assuming you are using slots 2&4?

If bumping VCCIO to 1.10V does not help save EFI screenhots to a flash drive by pressing F12 and upload them so we can see the DRAM timings.

Also make sure you are using the latest EFI release.

-Raja

Bogartz
Level 7
I too have the Vengeance RAM and I had the same problem with my timings and speed defaulting to 1333 and 9-9-9-24. I was manually setting the speed and timings, and DRAM to 1.5v and I think it might have been causing some issues with my board. Since updating to BIOS 1850 I've set the speed manually to 1600Mhz, the timings are auto running at the Corsair timings 8-8-8-24, DRAM is 1.5v, and VCCIO is set to auto. You might wait to see what Raja says and concurs with updating to BIOS 1850 but so far things are good.

Here is a bunch of screenshots of the settings im trying to run at.. I tried to raise the VCCIO to 1.10V, but I still got the same result, it boots then goes to code 45 + the DRAM_LED is lighting up. Im using BIOS version 1850, I also tried with 1409 though.

Raja
Level 13
Hi,

To start off, set 9-9-9-24 primary timings and also set tRR(DR) to 3 clocks. Stay on BIOS 1850.

-Raja

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Hi,

To start off, set 9-9-9-24 primary timings and also set tRR(DR) to 3 clocks. Stay on BIOS 1850.

-Raja

Tried to run with this config.. still the same.. error code 45.. then the computer boots again.. then it just stands idle on error code 45, I have to actually cut the power to and press the Q button to get it started again.. then it all of a sudden didnt detect my keyboard, but I fixed that by pressing the "clear cmos" button on the back of the case.. the RAM passed 100% in memtest86 on 1333mhz..

it seems 9-9-9-24 1333mhz is the only settings it is stable on...

Retired
Not applicable
Is your ram xmp compatible? I have corsair vengence 1866mhz and it was only running at 1600 stock. I had to enable xmp and then the bord recognised its proper setting of 1866, 9,10,9 27.

Retired
Not applicable
i had the same prob.

but i just have to activate XMS profile and now everything works fine

el_terrible
Level 8

screenshot from cpu-z, it seems this motherboard chooses the JEDEC #4 profile as standard.. running the xmp profile just gives me error code 45

Retired
Not applicable
Maximus does the same thing to my Dominator 1600mhz RAM but i haven't tried enabling xmp yet...have to learn how to do this!