cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't flash my Sabertooth 990FX with Phenom II X4 925 installed.

ShikelGr
Level 10
Hello.
I'm stuck with a weird problem here.
I've got SABERTOOTH_990FX from my friend recently. But before building a new rig on it I need to flash bios to the
latest version (I have no idea what is the current one).
I've asked my another friend, who had AMD-based build to borrow his rig to flash my bios. But with his Phenom II X4 925 onboard cpupost state led inicates with red. And that's kinda weird, because this exact cpu is officially supported since very first bios version. So I have no idea what cpu do I need to use to be 100% sure my mobo will run with it and I can flash bios. Any ideas?
AMAT VICTORIA CURAM
4 REPLIES 4

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi ShikelGr and yes this is a problem.

Unfortunately your MB IO does not have a flashback port, so you will have to obtain a preflashed Bios chip from Ebay or have your local computer support to do it for you.

Your latest Bios is 1604 for improved performance and updated CPU support. Check your revision version on the MB in case there is a difference.

Maybe someone who has your issue has a better resolve although its doubtful.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

MeanMachine wrote:
Hi ShikelGr and yes this is a problem.

Unfortunately your MB IO does not have a flashback port, so you will have to obtain a preflashed Bios chip from Ebay or have your local computer support to do it for you.

Your latest Bios is 1604 for improved performance and updated CPU support. Check your revision version on the MB in case there is a difference.
You will also need the Bios renamer tool from the Bios utilities section if you decide to update yourself when you can post.
Maybe someone who has your issue has a better resolve although its doubtful.

- neither Ebay, nor local computer support is not an option
- yes, I know what is the latest version of bios for my motherboard (surely I've checked the manual before trying to flash and posting here)
- you confused me a lot with that Bios renamer tool. Why do I need it? Cause I've flashed before(other mb's) without it - just put unzipped .rom file
onto usb drive and use EZ Flash/EZ Flash 2. Is that Bios renamer tool intended to use ONLY for mobo's with flashback port?? Also the bios flashing section of the manual doesn't say anything bout renaming...
AMAT VICTORIA CURAM

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi ShikelGr and well sorry about your confusion. I was thinking a different Sabertooth revision when researching your MB, Best stick with what you know best.
Many people don't refer to their manual, nor research a supported CPU when updating their MB. I see you are wise to this!!.

Maybe you can borrow the CPU originally in the board that you got from your friend or get a CPU that IS supported by your Bios.

Sorry, Cant think of any other options, if replacing Bios chip is not an option.:D
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

ShikelGr
Level 10
I should've reading more thoroughly through forums over here to find out that this mobo is a fail incarnate. One member rmae'd it 4 times(!), but the issue remains. Even if the mothrboard is brand new from the box. I just don't wanna get troubles in the upcomig build, so my Sabertooth 990FX will decorate my christmas tree this year 🙂
AMAT VICTORIA CURAM