cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find the extreme on sale?

tatmMRKIV
Level 10
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8144441&CatId=8586
$380 at Tiger. Go now RoGers make records...
RIVE C1 3930K @ 4.8 3 ASUS GTX 680 DC2T 250gbSamsung 840 TLC SSD dimastech hardv2.5
H100 w/ 4 push pull Bgear b-blaster 120 16gb 2x f3-2400c9d-8GTXD 9-11-11-31 1t 2475mhz 2tb seagate Antec 1200watt continuous PSU Minuteman 750va commercial UPS LG super multi drive Memorex bluray Samsung Syncmaster T27B750 46" Sharp aquos. killer 2100, soon to be installled: DT sniper dc2 waterblocks, etc
14 REPLIES 14

Jyckle wrote:
Also I'm surprised that newegg has absolutely no listing of the Maximus VI at all. Every other board is listed but this model. I myself will give it a week to see if the new shipment comes in but im starting to look elsewhere at other boards.

Newegg usually won't post an item for sale until they have it in warehouse ready for shipment.

kites wrote:
Hi there,

I'm curious as to the thinking or not thinking!! of having all boards ready for launch?
Was this just a catastrophic oversight or was this move actually planned? (which i find really hard to understand) if that's the case.

Did you not way up all the sales you will defiantly loose due to this Marketing mistake?

People may love your products, but not having them ready to go the moment haswell launches was a crazy move on your part as with @jyckle above, he is already thinking of moving on to another board, he isn't the only one. Noone wants to have to settle for another board but you are forcing customers away? just plain crazy.

Cheers

While there hasn't been an official statement or anything, from what I've come across so far, it sounds like there may have been a distribution/shipping issue. The ASUS site's original product page for the Hero stated that it would be available June 2nd. That page has since been changed and no longer states that.
Project: Sleipnir

CPU: i7 4770k
MB: Maximus VII Formula
RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 670 FTW 4GB SLI
PSU: Corsair AX860i
SSD: Samsung 840 120GB
HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB
Case: CM Storm Stryker

kites
Level 7
@Jonathonc Thanks m8, that would make a lot more sense than actually planning to launch once everyone has already settled for another board! I'm so close to going Gigabyte.
New build (When Asus finally manage to get motherboards in stock!!)

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus IV Hero
Memory: G.Skill 16GB DDR3 2400MHz TridentX Memory
Hard Drive: Samsung 250GB 840 Series SSD, Seagate 2TB Barracuda
Case: Corsair Graphite 600T Mesh Black Case
CPU cooling: Corsair H100i (still not sure if Air would be better)
Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27"

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131974

Board now up for sale on newegg. Just bought mine. giving the heads up here.

Jonathonc
Level 7
So hard not to click "Add to Cart"... Must wait for Formula... ARGH!
Project: Sleipnir

CPU: i7 4770k
MB: Maximus VII Formula
RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 670 FTW 4GB SLI
PSU: Corsair AX860i
SSD: Samsung 840 120GB
HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB
Case: CM Storm Stryker

I agree. I have to wait. They knew I wanted the Formula... I did however have to go ahead and buy the D Frame in Red.:cool:
Build in Progress

IN WIN D-Frame (Red Limited Edition)
Maximus VI Extreme
Intel 4770k
Corsair AX1200i
Corsair H100i (Maybe Lepa HDB240)
G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB
Samsung 840 512GB
WD Black 2TB
Video Cards (TBD)