cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C1 or C2

Bqtchef
Level 7
How can I tell the difference by looking at the serial number of my Max Vi hero? (The last five digits in the serial number)
I came across the info earlier in the day but can not fine the info.
The reason is cuz I have C1 and having USB issues want to RMA the board and request the C2 version
12 REPLIES 12

Nate152
In your situation call tech support and tell them your usb problem. They will either fix it for you or have you set up an rma.

Bqtchef
Level 7
Info found the part numbers ending in 90MB0FU0-M0AAY0 are C1 the part number ending 90MB0FU0-M0EAY5 is C2, can anyone confirm?

Pentium4
Level 7
Yes, that's what I found with my boards, the Y0 which I got rid of was a C1, and the replacement board was a Y5 which was a C2 🙂
INTEL INSIDE
* Asus Maximus XI Hero * Intel i9 9900K CPU * HyperX 4000MHz Predator RGB 16Gb DDR4 Ram *
* ViewSonic VX3211 32" 4K Monitor * Intel UHD 4K Graphics * Samsung 970 EVO 1Tb NVMe.M2 *
* A-Jazz GTX USB Gaming Mouse * ROG SupremeFX 5.1 Audio * Cougar Vantar RGB USB Keyboard *
* Corsair Carbide 100R Silent Mid Tower Case * Corsair RM1000i Power Supply (100% Modular) *

Pentium4 wrote:
Yes, that's what I found with my boards, the Y0 which I got rid of was a C1, and the replacement board was a Y5 which was a C2 🙂

Thats what I've been reading, I'm only questioning this due to my recent purchase I show this on the outside of my box 90MB0FU0-M0AAY0 (C1) but when I load ROG cpu-z and look on the motherboard tab it shows rev c2
Is Asus using old boxes?

Pentium4
Level 7
Possibly :confused: at least you have a C2, so that should be good 🙂
INTEL INSIDE
* Asus Maximus XI Hero * Intel i9 9900K CPU * HyperX 4000MHz Predator RGB 16Gb DDR4 Ram *
* ViewSonic VX3211 32" 4K Monitor * Intel UHD 4K Graphics * Samsung 970 EVO 1Tb NVMe.M2 *
* A-Jazz GTX USB Gaming Mouse * ROG SupremeFX 5.1 Audio * Cougar Vantar RGB USB Keyboard *
* Corsair Carbide 100R Silent Mid Tower Case * Corsair RM1000i Power Supply (100% Modular) *

CPUZ will tell you the stepping under the motherboard tab.

Alternately, if the date encoded in the serial number is later than October 2013, then it is likely C2. What are the first two digits/letters of the SN? First is the last two digits of the year of manufactured in hex. For instance D= 2103, F=2014. Second is month of manufacture in hex. 9 = Sept, A = October, B=Nov, etc. So if it starts with DA it was manufactured in October 2013.

Mine was part number 90MB0FU0-M0AAY0 and it was manufactured in January, 2014 and has stepping C2. So the information on the internet on part number isn't correct.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

My serial goes D9M0..... and it is a C2. So maybe not later than October..maybe just September or later...

geneo wrote:

Alternately, if the date encoded in the serial number is later than October 2013, then it is likely C2. What are the first two digits/letters of the SN? First is the last two digits of the year of manufactured in hex. For instance D= 2103, F=2014. Second is month of manufacture in hex. 9 = Sept, A = October, B=Nov, etc. So if it starts with DA it was manufactured in October 2013.

Mine was part number 90MB0FU0-M0AAY0 and it was manufactured in January, 2014 and has stepping C2. So the information on the internet on part number isn't correct.

PerpetualCycle
Level 13

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

Bqtchef
Level 7
If that is so then my board was manufactured Nov. 2013, I too have the same part number.
I only ask this question due to the issue i have with my USB headphones (razer megalodon). Win7 can't install the hardware correctly and I say correctly because sometimes the drivers will install, but is unable to recognize the phones(unknown device),. I've gone through all the usual uninstall/install on the USB ports 2.0 and 3.0 with no luck the troubleshooting section in win7 sometimes can fix the issue, but the next restart and it's back to the drawing board. This leads me to think maybe I received a motherboard with stepping C1. I know my issue is not related to the issue with C1 (sleep mode) but hey I'm trying to diagnosis the problem.The phones worked fine on my old system, and they work on my wife system today, so no issues with the phones.
My next step to try is a ac powered USB hub; the reason I'm thinking is maybe the phones are not getting enough power.(I'm only guessing)
If the powered hub doesn't work, could it be the power supply? I know it's on the low end, but it's a good quality one but you never know.
outside of those two possible fix I don't know what else to try, open for suggestions....
My spec are below, I'm running stock speeds, gaming for hours on end with any hiccups.
Windows 7/64
Max Hero
I5 4670K
GTX760 2gb
Gskill 2/4gb sniper series
2 SSD (Samsung, Intel)
1 WD Raptor 150gb
1 WD blue 640gb
Antec True power new TP 650