cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buzz near socket

orph3n
Level 7
when i play a game or 3D mark, I can feel a buzz near the socket.
The component that buzzes is at risk? or are they just a component in resonance?
(I'm under warranty) Can i ask to replace ?
I enclose below the audio file containing the buzz: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1UPKm0NMtzB
9 REPLIES 9

Retired
Not applicable
static socket pins?

:cool:

Retired
Not applicable
sound like a GPU to me

Its the GPU having a barbecue, bratwurst on the grill

Not to worry

Almost every GPU make that noise, more or less, under certain conditions, some louder than others.

I try with an other vga and psu but the buzz persist, and i try to change slot pcie; only exclude the vga and use that I7 i have no buzz durin test 3dmark. I think that problem is the VRM

I7 4770k - 2X8 corsair CMY16GX3M2A1866C9- vga nvidia 780gtx- bios last version 1301

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the ROG forums, orph3n.

List your complete system specifications for us so that we can help you better.

Retired
Not applicable
3D Mark 03 and there is only the Ketchup missing..

Retired
Not applicable
in post 1 you said you heard buzz in 3d Mark?

you removed the vga, and buzz go away?

780 coil whine, the harder you push the card, the louder it gets.. DX9 benchmarks in particular

Chino wrote:
And which heatsink are you using?

cololer master v8 1° edition for cpu and winforce 3 for vga
WhitePaw wrote:

780 coil whine

3Dmark and last game, but it may happen that when i play the sound change the frequency or the volume.
when i remove the vga i haven't buzz .

when i run lix whit 12Gbram i haven't buzz; I have also done a clear CMOS but nothing (my motherboard have 2 months and when i assemble pc I do not remember hearing this noise)

WhitePaw wrote:

3Dmarck firt test for pc entry level
in last test for hight performance I heard a noise almost imperceptible low-intensity

WhitePaw wrote:

i disable vga from bios and set intel vga (no buzz)

WhitePaw wrote:
780 coil whine, the harder you push the card, the louder it gets.. DX9 benchmarks in particular

dx9 i don't know but a game that run with dx9 that i have is DAYZ standalone, but when i into the game i can't sense a buzz, only when i'm to lobby or in start menu, and I have many frames (over 60) I can hear the noise.

I try my 780gtx with my old pc but nothing noise and itry tu put my old vga (msi 460GTX) into hero but buzz persist