cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSOD code 0x7f ( posible fix )

BenchAndGames
Level 10
What is it the BSOD code 0x7f ?

This happening playing Medal of Honor Warfighter (Multiplayer), freeze screen, sound freeze and show me this BSOD code !!!

In the WEAH errors say Kernel-Power.

I have a 4.4 Ghz, stable of 12+ hours Prime95, 11+ hours memory memtest86 !!!
314.22 WHQL ( GTX 680 SLI )

So ???

NOTE: I think I found the cause of the BSOD !!! :confused:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2519736

says, like this:

-You have a computer that is running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. ( Yes, i run Win7 SP1 )

-You perform one of the following operations:
You configure the computer to automatically connect to a wireless network. Then, you restart the computer or resume the computer from sleep mode or from hibernation.
You start data transfer with another computer through a wired or wireless network connection. ( Yes I played Multiplayer games )

So, can this be the cause ? Given that, I received the BSOD just as I was playing in multiplayer. ( And we all know that I am sending and receiving data files with other PCs of the other players )

NOTE2: I sent the request for the hotfix, but the download link does not work.
Someone can help me, you can try for my get this hotfix ?

This really is the reason for the BSOD ( data files transfers ) ? Or really can be, hardware failure, ( maybe overclock or memory ) and I have to wear to check component by component ??
2 REPLIES 2

nikosa43
Level 12
--------In the WEAH errors say Kernel-Power----------

If your Event Viewer shows WHEA errors for CPU (repairable hardware errors and parity errors), your OC is not stable, even you run Prime for a month. In Sandy CPUs, that check was very weak and you needed hours of stressing with different applications to prove stability. With IVY CPUs things are better and errors reported in a better and more sensitive way. Download IntelBurnTest, start it, set 8 threads, choose Maximum stress test and ALL your available memory and press run. Run a couple of cycles and if you dont get a BSOD or a crash of the application, stop it, go to EVENT Viewer and check for WHEA errors. Increase your Vcore (manual or with offset), in any case of failure, with steps of 0.005 and repeat the stress test until you WHEA errors dissapear. Only then you can run your prime and be in a more safe zone of a good stability status. If you get an error message when you try to start the test about memory, change from drop down menu to High and again to Maximum a couple of times until it starts.

In parallel, also run Real temp to watch your temps and CPUz to check the variation of your Vcore. If it happens to have in your desktop the widget for memory usage, from windows, you will see that as the stress test go on, the memory usage increase until ALL is in use. The same time you will see that your Vcore decrease, and reach the lowest value for the settings you have used (depending your LLC value, Vcore and others).

This happens because at that time your CPU cores are under 100% load, but also the memory controller (inside the CPU, your Northbridge) draws the maximum power and current. So that's the point you reach the lowest Vcore and if this, is not enough you get WHEA errors. If it goes further down, you get an application crash. If the Vcore is way to low you get a nice BSOD.