cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSOD at Windows loading when overclocking 4770K on Maximus VI Hero

fireaza
Level 7
Hey guys! I'm currently trying to overclock my new setup (Intel i7 4770K and Maximus VI Hero), I'm new to overclocking so I'm using the "CPU power up" thing to automatically configure the BIOS for me. However, it seems like no matter which profile I use, I get a blue screen of death when Windows loads. It loads fine if I revert back to stock settings. I wouldn't think overheating would be a problem, since:
1) I'm using a Corsair H100i water cooler
2) I wouldn't think it would overheat that quickly on such small overclocking

Does anyone know the source of my problem? I brought the K version CPU and the H100i with the intent of overclocking, so it sucks I'm hitting this issue already.
42 REPLIES 42

ewind
Level 10
Yea, I have learned a ton about my board and CPU after a month beating my head on the desk trying to get it run at 4.4GHz. I just give up and set to 4GHz. HiVizMan does great job of helping people here. Hats off to you man.
Corsair 200R
Intel i5 4670k
Corsair H75
Maximus Hero
8GB G.Skill RipJaws (1600Mhz)
EVGA GTX 760 SC
Seagate 240GB SSD
WD 750GB Storage Drive
EVGA NEX 750 Gold PSU
Windows 7 64bit

I was testing around alot with this hero mainboard and found out it is running much more stable with core:cache 1:1.
cache voltage a little bit higher then core voltage. thats why alot of the ppl dont get their System stable. mostly with 4 sticks of ram.
try this:

bios:1203

multi:44
cache:44

vcore: 1,26v
cache: Auto, should be 1,29v
SVID Control: disable

cpu load line cali: Level 4
vrm spread spectrum: on
cpu power duty control: t.Probe
cpu current capabliltiy: 110%
cpu power thermal control: 150

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thanks for sharing verrotten
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.