cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bought sabertooth z87 did i make a mistake?

nametze
Level 7
i bought sabertooth z87 yesterday and was really happy since i read many bad reviews about this board, they say it sucks when comes to overclocking is that true? I tought all asus z87 boards have same o/c capability. Should i bought hero or any other new rog series i can return it back
19 REPLIES 19

Retired
Not applicable
Only once i would like to see a reviewer overclocking a board to 5,5 ghz, instead of 4,5ghz, why dont they?, what do you think..

reviews are nothing but reviews (it only let you know what that specific person think about the product, based on his skills/experiences), maybe all of them are fully objective?, or other unspoken things..

Browse the web for regular people OCing that board instead, check forums..

I dont know anything about that board in particular, but others in here might got the answer you are looking for

and welcome to this forum..

WhitePaw wrote:
Only ones i would like to see a reviewer overclocking a board to 5,5 ghz, instead of 4,5ghz, why dont they?, what do you think..

reviews are nothing but reviews (it only let you know what that specific person think about the product, based on his skills/experiences), maybe all of them are fully objective?, or other unspoken things..

Browse the web for regular people OCing that board instead, check forums..

I dont know anything about that board in particular, but others in here might got the answer you are looking for

and welcome to this forum..

thanks alot, i will be waiting the users opinions

samual wrote:
From everything I've read the sabertooth is a great board. Lots of OC'ers on the net have them and love them. Enjoy your board!

well i also have maximus v formula which is a really nice mainboard with 3770k@4.8ghz and wanted to upgrade my set up i really liked the look of the sabertooth z87 thats why i chose this .

samual
Level 11
From everything I've read the sabertooth is a great board. Lots of OC'ers on the net have them and love them. Enjoy your board!
x99-pro/3.1 | i7-5820k | 16gb gskils 3000 | Nvidia gtx 980 ti | 512gb SM950 Pro | Predator 360 AIO | ASUS PA248Q | Seasonic Platnium 1000w

Praz
Level 13
The CPU and/or cooling will be what holds back any edit: reasonably expected overclock not the board.

Praz wrote:
The CPU and/or cooling will be what holds back any expected overclock not the board.

ok but i read this from newegg:Manufacturer Response:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for choosing Asus as your motherboard brand of choice.

Regarding overclocking, if you are going to purchase another board, I suggest purchasing the maximus vi hero. The sabertooth board is meant for durability and longevity.

If you have any questions or comments you can email me again at cl-jeffrey@asus.com

ASUS strives to meet and exceeds our customer expectations within our warranty policy.

Regards,

Retired
Not applicable
Mt eng is kinda of limited, and speaking my native language would only cause a mess in here

Regardless of that universal reply from CL, i still dont think there arnt any "obstacles" overclocking that board..

I do think, that the sabertooth might not have all those fancy auto overclocking buttons (saying extreme), and such. I can very well be wrong..

And if that is the criteria for the board can be overclocked or not, i leave that your consideration TS

if you like it keep it.....

The best OC is done with you working the board, not the other way around..

WhitePaw wrote:
Mt eng is kinda of limited, and speaking my native language would only cause a mess in here

Regardless of that universal reply from CL, i still dont think there are any "obstacles" overclocking that board..

I do think, that the sabertooth might not have all those fancy auto overclocking buttons (saying extreme), and such. I can very well be wrong..

And if that is the criteria for the board can be overclocked or not, i leave that your consideration TS

if you like it keep it.....

yea sorry for my english too :=) back to topic :i dont care about those led ligts, overclocking panel that comes with the extreme VI or the fusion thermo stuff etc. i just want to know: if a cpu can be overclock to 4.9ghz and stable with that extreme vı mobo will it be stable with sabertooth z87 too?Because after reading the asus staff`s comment(Regarding overclocking, if you are going to purchase another board, I suggest purchasing the maximus vi hero. The sabertooth board is meant for durability and longevity.) He just told us to buy anotherboard if we want to overclock the cpu am i wrong?

nametze wrote:
i just want to know: if a cpu can be overclock to 4.9ghz and stable with that extreme vı mobo will it be stable with sabertooth z87 too?

I edited my post above based on this. If you are looking for 4.9 type overclocks you need to go with the ME6 as will most likely be using subzero to do it.

Praz wrote:
I edited my post above based on this. If you are looking for 4.9 type overclocks you need to go with the ME6 as will most likely be using subzero to do it.

As i search only %10 of the current i 4770k can reach 4.8+ghz and i dont really need extreme cooling .I will be getting a custom water cooling or going to use my current corsair h110.I will delid the cpu to reduce temps.Anyways what am i trying to say will my sabertooth bottleneck a gold cpu`s overclock capability under watercooling or not? After doing some search i find a guy who tests sabertoothz87 and maximus vı formula.there is a very small difference between these mobos as benchmark results 4.9ghz water cooled: http://ocstation.com/en/motherboard/871-asus-sabertooth-z87-re-bench-with-new-bios/all/page-6
http://ocstation.com/en/motherboard/880-asus-maximus-vi-formula-review/all/page-11