I have weird issue with my build. First freeze happened where I was at 3400Mhz, and it happened after ~1day. Then I setup RAM in:
* 3600MHz* CAS: 16* RCDRD: 20* RCDWR: 16* RP: 19* RAS: 36* RC: 54* FAW: 24* RRDS: 6* RRDL: 8
and it was working fine for one week without any issues, however yesterday freeze happened and after restart was ok. But then I was playing for 4-5h, then for half an hour some non-gaming stuff and I turned PC off. But just after it turned off, I just wanted to start it again, and it took 5 times to boot, then it boot in safe mode (where I changed all to defaults) and after that I successfully boot. But today again, I am testing and Prime Test, FurMark, MemTest can run for several hours with no errors. But when it comes to boot, it is now completly random, but most likely it will not boot at first time just after shutdown. It seems to always boot, when I am doing fresh start, after longer cool off period (at least I have never issue to boot it at first time in the mornings).
So during boot it is always depends, but even when it is not booting at first time with DRAM issue and when finally it came into safe mode, then I am going there, leaving values, and then booting is normal.. But in general LEDs could be different, and booting can stuck at CPU, VGA and DRAM. For example today it stucked at VGA (Diplay Port was detected, but then monitor turned off) and LED from VGA was lighting. Then restart, and then it was about DRAM, long short long beeping, then restart, then long beeping and restart (DRAM LED still was ligthing) and then it turned into safe mode and I didn't even bother with changing RAM timings leaving them in 3600Mhz (but now I am using pure safe settings from ryzen calc with 1.4V on RAM).
And still after that - prime, mem, furmark tests are ok and I run them for several hours, not like 24h, but still the issue should be visible, especially it is often during boot.
So I have no idea what is the reason. So far 3-4 random freezes at desktop level (all the time it happened when I was not even touch anything, just reading something). Then this weird booting, that is stucking at random levels (could be cpu, ram, vga). And as well booting issue happened when RAM was in stock values (at 3000MHz).
GPU is with me for over a month and I was using it at the beginning with my old PC 4790k and it was fine. Moreover the temps are not the greatest one: in "idle" it is like 50°C for both CPU and GPU. In games CPU is 60-70°C and GPU 80°C.
Another test I did recently:
- RAM was working at 2400Mhz - and then RAM led didnt happen at all.
- I replaced GPU to old GTX970 - and together with RAM at 2400 it was fully stable in every single reboot / warm boot.
- I also tested another set of memory (but same ballistix), and same story - stable 2400, not stable anything else (randomly during boot).
As a summary, my build is pasted below. What do you think, should I do RMA on mobo? Because I have no other ideas, the other parts looks good.
I can return GPU with no problem (then I will go with 2700 super). But I have feeling that this x570 tuf is faulty either by hardware or bios.
- CPU :: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
- Mobo :: ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS
- Memory :: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS2K16G4D30AESE Desktop Gaming Speicher Kit (3000 MHz, DDR4, DRAM, 32GB, 16GB x2, CL15)
- GPU:: PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Red Dragon 8GB GDDR6 HDMI / 3xDP Graphics Card
- Tower :: SilentiumPC Armis AR7X TG RGB
- Power :: Seasonic Focus GX 650W 80 Plus Gold
- CPU cooler :: NOCTUA NH-D15 D-TYPE
- SSD :: Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD High Performance Solid State Drive (SB-ROCKET-1TB)
- SSD :: Samsung SSD 850 EVO, 250GB
- HDD :: WD Blue 1TB WD10EZEX
- HDD :: WD Blue 2TB WD20EZRZ
- Monitor :: 3440x1440
Bios version 1405, installed just after first run.