cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot problems with vga drivers

Retired
Not applicable
Hi im using a crosshair V formula with a xfx hd 5450 1gb however whenever i install the drivers for the vga card windows does not boot.. Can anyone help!?
4 REPLIES 4

Mummy
Level 8
But you can still get in MB BIOS? ...Same thing with other monitor? new build or is it just resently doing this?
CPU: AMD FX-8150 MB: ASUS Crosshair V Formula DDR3: 2x4GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3-1866
GPU: ASUS 7970 SSD: 4x Corsair F3 120GB @ Raid0 PSU: SF Golden Silent 500W OS: W7 Ultimate 64bit

Retired
Not applicable
Yes I am still able to get into the motherboard bios. Its a new build, built a few days ago. I have not been able to boot windows with the drivers installed for the vga card yet!

Mummy
Level 8
Version of the drivers (old or new), dosnt matter?
I think you may need to do the simple thing. Clean isntall your Windows again.

p.s. there where some problems with the nVidia drivers when this where new board, but as far as i know it was only with SLI setup.
CPU: AMD FX-8150 MB: ASUS Crosshair V Formula DDR3: 2x4GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3-1866
GPU: ASUS 7970 SSD: 4x Corsair F3 120GB @ Raid0 PSU: SF Golden Silent 500W OS: W7 Ultimate 64bit

Retired
Not applicable
I have tried both old and new drivers, and also reinstalling windows 3 times.. No luck with any!