cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth network cable unplugged.. huh??

New2Mod
Level 8
I have the Maximus V Extreme and want to connect my tablet (Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet) via Bluetooth.
This is the first time I have attempted to use the Bluetooth and I get a network cable unplugged error. What should I be looking for to fix this?
Why would it say network cable?
2 REPLIES 2

boozy
Level 7
Firstly I'd uninstall drivers and make sure you have the latest BT drivers for the device. It should honestly connect just fine if you have the card in right and the antennas connected. I know this isn't the most in-depth reply, but sometimes simple things can help. Let us know how this flies.

Edit: drivers can be found here: http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_V_EXTREME/HelpDesk_Download/
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus V Gene v1903. CPU: Intel I7-3770K at 5ghz. RAM: G.SKILL TridentX 16GB at 2400mhz. GPU: ASUS STRIX 980. SSD: Intel 520 in RAID0. OS: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64.

New2Mod
Level 8
Sorry it took so long to get back, had a couple hickups.

Uninstalled the driver, followed link provided and downloaded the file, unzipped and used auto install option. Ran Windows update and oops, I could no longer find my bluetooth in my networks. It was in device management but not in my network adapters. The bluetooth peripheral device was not installed. Had to find my motherboard install disk install from there.

Still having the same problem though. Network cable is unplugged and my devices can not see it to connect.
I made sure the antenna were connected properly and in a clear area.

Thanks for your help and any other suggestions.