cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue screen of death and can't boot on new build

robby
Level 7
First time posting. Please forgive me if I lack information.

Crosshair V Formula- Z motherboard (New)
Patriot Viper 16gb DDR3 2133mhz (New)
AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 2.8GHZ (Old)
Nvidia GeForce 560ti (Old)
650W Power Supply (Yes I know power supply isn't crazy watts, but only one graphics card)

This is my first expensive motherboard and can't seem to boot all the way. Goes into bios just fine, but when it starts to load up windows 7 (the first load screen) my keyboard/Mouse LED will shut off and then normally 2 seconds later I will get the blue screen of death. As soon as I get the blue screen of death it restarts it's self.

I just pulled all these parts from an older case, except the RAM and motherboard are new, and it worked completely fine with no problems. I only have a 7 day return policy on my stuff to the store and been busy the last couple days. Any advice/suggestions would help. If you need more information please let me know. Thanks.

Robby
4 REPLIES 4

lewybear
Level 7
What speed do you have the ram set to? If I remember my old 1055t hated anything above 1600!
Rampage v edition 10
I7-6950x @ 4.1ghz
Dominator platinum 32gb @ 3000mhz
NZXT X76 Kraken 360mm rad cooler
Corsair ax1600i psu full white cable set
Samsung EVO 970 1tb M.2 boot
Samsung EVO 850 1tbx4 SSD raid, storage
Titan xp jedi collectors edition
NZXT Phantom 820 full fan set
ROG frontbase
Samsung 55" 1000hz (140hz effective) 4k hdr tv as monitor
Windows 10 pro 64bit

HiVizMan
Level 40
How did you install the OS then?

Or are you using a old OS, is so that may be the issue. Your old OS might have been installed with IDE as the default SATA setting.

Change in your bios to IDE and give it a go. Defaults are now AHCI.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

robby
Level 7
Switching to IDE was the fix. Something that simple. That's amazing lol. I owe you a beer. Thanks so much for helping me out.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Now worries robby, being doing this for a long time. Most of these young puppies here do not even remember IDE. 😛

You stop by and say Hi every now and then.

Cheers
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.