cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios Update

aterlakas
Level 7
Hello i just want to ask what is the safest way to update my CFZ bios???
Thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2

Detection
Level 10
Copy BIOS to FAT32 formatted flash drive > Update through the BIOS (EZFlash iirc)
MOBO - Crosshair V Formula
CPU - AMD FX-8350 @ 4.8GHz
COOLER - Corsair H100i / MX-4
RAM - 12GB G.Skill RIPJAWS X @ 2133MHz
GPU - XFX R9 295X2 8GB
HDD - 2TB Seagate
PSU - Corsair TX950W
CASE - Coolermaster HAF 922
OS - Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit

MeanMachine
Level 13
aterlakas wrote:
Hello i just want to ask what is the safest way to update my CFZ bios???
Thanks in advance

Should you decide to update the BIOS, here is the easiest and safest method imo.

What you need to do is to go to ASUS homepage and download the latest Bios, Get it here: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards
Also at the same time download the renaming tool.

Once downloaded put it on a USB stick in the root directory with nothing else on that USB stick. Just the BIOS file and the renaming tool.

Once you have renamed the file insert the USB stick into the ROG Connect port on the IO panel. It has a white box circling the USB.
All you need to have is the motherboard and the PSU, nothing else is required (but its ok if you have it all hooked up).

Don't try to start the computer, just have the power cord hooked up. The green light on the motherboard lights up to show you have power.

Now all you do is press the BIOS button (Its the one with the infinity symbol) and hold it for 3 seconds or so. It will start to flash. Leave it to do its stuff until the light stops flashing, then your done.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]