cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS update for RAMPAGE III EXTREME

shaolin30
Level 7
does anyone here who can direct to a link or knows how to update the bios of rampage 3 extreme. I will appreciate it very much thank you...
10 REPLIES 10

HiVizMan
Level 40
Download the latest BIOS from the product support page for your motherboard.
Place the BIOS on a USB stick. I always use a USB stick that is formatted to FAT32
Put the USB stick in a USB2 port on your in/out panel of your motherboard.
Boot into your BIOS.
Select the Bios Flash Utility EZ-Flash 2
Follow the on screen prompts
Use the Tab key to navigate to the USB drive if it does not come up as default.
Select the BIOS you have saved on the USB drive
When prompted if you wish to flash the BIOS enter - yes.
DO NOT POWER OFF while the BIOS is being updated.
Once completed let the system reboot and you are done.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

shaolin30
Level 7
all done sir, thank you... this rog forum really helps...

shaolin30 wrote:
all done sir, thank you... this rog forum really helps...

All the guys and gals on ROG are always keen to help, I am pleased that worked for you.

Cheers and thank you for the report back.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

So, i tried what you said step by step but my bios still won't update. i get a message saying the update module cant be found every time i try and yes i am using the file i downloaded from the ASUS website. is it supposed to be a .rom file?

xpfighter
Level 7
shaolin30 wrote:
does anyone here who can direct to a link or knows how to update the bios of rampage 3 extreme. I will appreciate it very much thank you...

You can find it on the main page of Asus. Just find The rampage there and go to support/downloads

HiVizMan
Level 40
What format is your USB stick?

It has to be FAT formatted.

HiVizMan wrote:
What format is your USB stick?

It has to be FAT formatted.

MY ERROR WAS STATING UNABLE TO LOAD

I TOO AM TRYING TO UPDATE bios same error not seeing it, what does FAT formatted mean
i just have a sandisk cruzer 4 gb usb flash drive

also is there a memory update for this board??

RAMPAGE III EXTREME

really thinking about getting, but not sure if i will notice any type of difference from what i have now, other then being able to run more ram
ROG Rampage IV Extreme Desktop Motherboard

DUM QUESTION WOULD I BE ABLE TO USE MY Intel Core i7-950 processor with the new board i listed above??

any help would be cool

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello wickid

1 FAT formatted is a file system that your USB stick needs to be formatted too. Most of the time folks have their drives formatted NTFS. Stick your USB stick into your system right click and select format (copy and past any data from the USB stick first as it will be wiped) then in the format menu select FAT16 or FAT32 as the file system.

2 Not sure what a memory update for the R3E board is, do you mean bios update? I would suggest looking at the product support page, but since that board is very mature I would doubt there is anything new, besides maybe a OS related bios update. Win8 compatibility?? I am guessing I do not know.

3 The RIVE BE is the next generation of motherboard in the LGA2011 range. And yes you will get a very noticeable increase in performance with the latest IVY-E processors over the 950 you were running.

4 No the X58 chipset is not compatible with the X79 (LGA2011) chipset. You need a new CPU for the RIVE BE motherboard, IVY-E it has a 4 series name like 4280K or 4390K or 4960X for example.

wow thx for the quick reply, i also was looking into the requirments on that board for processor seeing i need a 2011, that sicks i just bought my i7 950 lol

thx for ur infor ill give it a try and see what happens

thx again

btw, this is what i was talking about, see i have 24 gb ram only 12 showing up, i did memotest ram is brand new and passed all test, so some 1 viewing ur updates broght the below to my attention
There were 2 memory fixes (recheck and compatibility) and a system stability fix. This might solve your issue.

another dum question is this right
Standard: 3 Years Warranty on board??
case i have 2 slots on the board bad, would this be covered under Warranty