cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bios 2406 bad

chris47362
Level 7
Hello, to anyone out there getting ready to update their bios to 2406 DONT.
I did so this morning 7/09/19, and it has issues. I have a strix b450-f gaming board, and used to run cool and quiet "no pun intended" at 22c @ idle and 55c max @ 100% load for any length on my 1700x with a hyper t4 cooler. After the bios update not only did the mouse quit working in the bios but my temps went to 33c @ idle to 65c @ load. This is not good. I warn you please do not update. if you have updated use afudos with bios 2301 to fix your issues. If you need help doing this i am here and will be checking post.
25 REPLIES 25

chris47362 wrote:
You most definitely can roll back, it just takes a little work.
Their is a guide to using afudos to roll back in this forum. If you follow this forum https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?99490-Flash-any-most-Asus-motherboard-Bios-in-DOS-with-USB... you should be back to normal with no problems. If you are unsure about what to do after reading through the guide message me and i will try to explain it better.

Worked thanks

I opened a support ticket with Asus last week. They keep telling me to do things that I've already tried and have repeatedly asked me to install a previous BIOS, which I've repeatedly told them the motherboard won't allow.

If you use afudos it will work just read through previous posts for info on how to do this. trying to do it through the bios will not work.

Up for awareness,

Those updating for Ryzen 3000 series, apparently both 2301 and 2406 have issues, one where the CPU fan does not work and the other where you guys mention keyboard does not work on bios etc.

So we are stuck with a useless board for Ryzen 3000. Can someone from ASUS do something?!

Source:https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/ccvdjy/psa_asus_b450i_itx_ryzen_3000_cpus_and_v2301_bios/

My Strix B450-I came with BIOS 2018? or something like that. I had to buy a Athlon 200GE to update it to 2301, since I was afraid to try 2406 because of all the issues people are saying with it. But with 2301 my addlink 2TB M.2 NVMe drive only read/write around 1700MB/s and my HyperX Predator DDR4 RGB 32GB Kit 3200MHz CL16 would only run at 2400Mhz. So I went ahead and tried the 2406 BIOS, yes the mouse quit working but I've been using the BIOS for years without a mouse. What it did fix is the M.2 is now running at 3500/3000 MB/s and the RAM is stable at 3200 MHz. No other issues than the mouse not working. I'll take the fixed M.2 and RAM for a non working mouse in the BIOS. My CPU is a Ryzen 3600.

Well i have seen this post little to late ! Asus strix x470-i here ...all broke with 3700x . After some hard time wasted trying to repair this sh... i had one conclusion: Don't buy asus ever again ! My monitor is asus xg35vq +asus strix gtx 1080ti, psu also Asus and mouse+ keyboard!
I put my new 3700x into my friend pc as a last solution to see if the procesor was the problem ...on his msi b450i mobo and OMG i had a revelation : Don't buy Asus products anymore ! They are not what it used to be .

zion6 wrote:
Problem is we cannot roll back to a working one....I talked with tech support-at least not the ROG Strix B450-f

I just had similar issues with my b450-f board after updating. Luckily my keyboard still worked. i was able to downgrade back to 2301 using afudos. You have to create a bootable usb drive using a bootable disk creation tool. I used rufus. then copy afudos and bios 2301 in my case to the drive afterwards. reboot to flash drive. run afudos "bios name" /p /b /n /k /x without the quotes. this will force the previos bios and fix the problems. Or atleast it did in my case. I am back up and running on previous bios version with no issues.

abovezero87
Level 7
chris47362 wrote:
Hello, to anyone out there getting ready to update their bios to 2406 DONT.
I did so this morning 7/09/19, and it has issues. I have a strix b450-f gaming board, and used to run cool and quiet "no pun intended" at 22c @ idle and 55c max @ 100% load for any length on my 1700x with a hyper t4 cooler. After the bios update not only did the mouse quit working in the bios but my temps went to 33c @ idle to 65c @ load. This is not good. I warn you please do not update. if you have updated use afudos with bios 2301 to fix your issues. If you need help doing this i am here and will be checking post.

I contacted the Asus CEO

Dear

My apologies for the delay with getting back to you as I had to leave the office suddenly.
I know that you are frustrated with the process and for that I'm sincerely sorry as I would feel the same way.
I just want you to know that I'm trying to help you as best I can. I wanted to inform you also that I have submitted your test report to our Engineers.
with urgency. However, they have 24-48 Business hours to reply to the customer.
If I could ask you to just bare with us once more please.

Thank you for choosing ASUS and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

Andrea M.
Service Department for ASUS Office of the CEO

Dear

Please complete the attached motherboard test report and I will have our Engineers review it for a possible resolution. My apologies that I' am not technical support. I would also ask that you call in directly and request higher technical support assistance at 1-888-678-3688

Thank you for choosing ASUS and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

Andrea M.
Service Department for ASUS Office of the CEO

Asus Rog Strix b450-f AMD AM4 Motherboard

It disables things you need such as mouse support in the bios.

I've tried to give feedback till I was blue in the face because I had a 3000 series Ryzen ordered.

That order has been canceled I'm switching to Intel i7 9700k.

I still love AMD but these motherboards are trash

Didusieq
Level 7
On Strix B450, Ive updated to 2406 without issues with Ryzen 2600. I should have 3700X today. I hope it will be fine.

Did the update and yeah.. it broke it.
Can't use my mouse on the bios so I can't change my CPU fan curve, so it's going berzerk and revving up and down every 2 seconds even at idle.
My PC is a media server but I'm having to now turn it off at night in order to get any sleep.

They need roll out a new bios asap, as I don't feel confident enough to roll back the drivers incase I brick it.