cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios 1402 Error

percha09
Level 7
my bios 1402 suddenly errase some parts of the screen in the bios interface, i remove the battery, wait 10 seconds, put it again, and the problem doesnt solve, the pc works, windows start , any opinion?
19 REPLIES 19

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
FAT or FAT32 any USB port is fine 🙂 and it's best to write down any OC settings before you proceed.

flearider
Level 8
i never have a prob flashing thru windows ...think your all just nuts .. or believe in the boogy man .. if your not suposed to do it that way why would they have a prog to do it ?
AMD FX 8350 5.1ghz 221x23
CROSSHAIR V bios 1703
g-skill sniper 1600@1800
What does it matter now if men believe or no?
What is to come will come. And soon you too will stand aside,
To murmur in pity that my words were true
(Cassandra, in Agamemnon by Aeschylus)

to see the wizard one must look behind the curtain ...

Chris_Manico
Level 10
cuz Windows is 100% reliable and bug free amirite 😛
Corsair Carbide 540 Air ~ AMD FX 8350 ~ Asus Crosshair V Formula Z ~ 1901 BIOS ~ Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400 MHz 2x8 Gb CMD16X3M2A2400C10 ~ EVGA GTX 1080 Ti ~ Corsair AX860i PSU ~ Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb SATA 3 SSD ~ WD 4 TB 7200 RPM 64 MB ( RMA'd ) ~ Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum ~ Corsair SP2500 2.1 Gaming Speakers ~ 27 Samsung SA550 HD LED Monitor ~

Mummy
Level 8
Sadly at this point (seeing picture) i would but my money on Video card problem.

But let see how it gos.
CPU: AMD FX-8150 MB: ASUS Crosshair V Formula DDR3: 2x4GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3-1866
GPU: ASUS 7970 SSD: 4x Corsair F3 120GB @ Raid0 PSU: SF Golden Silent 500W OS: W7 Ultimate 64bit

rnealj62
Level 7
Looking at the BIOS page he pictured, i have a question about. I noticed this when i flashed to 1402. The "Current NB Freq" is 2200 while the "Current HT Link Speed" is 2600. Is this normal?
FX 8150 4.6ghz
Crossair V Formula
Corsair VENGANCE DDR3 2133 16gig
2x EVGA GTX 680 HYDRA COPER in SLI
2x Samsung SSD 128 in RAID 0
WD V Raptor 300gig
2x Samsung 1tb in RAID 0
Thermaltake 1050w 80 + Gold
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow edition/custom water cooled
STRIKE - X fan controler.
ASUS VE278 27" monitor
ACER S20 1HL 20" monitor
Logitech Z906 THX Cert 5.1
Pioneer BD optical drive

thanks, id never change any value in the bios setting neither o.c , i only update my bios becouse my ram is of 2133mhz and the factory version only recognize at 1866mhz, and my video card rigth now is an old one from my other pc, im about to buy radeon 6970

I flash it already with the usb flash bios config, everithing find, it reset but the bios still vanished the same parts, i had another video card when i flash for 1st time, i dont know if that have anything to do?

percha09 wrote:
I flash it already with the usb flash bios config, everithing find, it reset but the bios still vanished the same parts, i had another video card when i flash for 1st time, i dont know if that have anything to do?

I am having a similar problem. My BIOS has always had part of it blurred out - like artifacting.

After updating to 1402 system wouldn't boot anymore, it would POST then I would just get a blinking cursor in the top left of the screen.

I tried flashing BIOS again with USB drive, but still same issue

HiVizMan
Level 40
FAT32 will be fine.

You can put the USB drive in any USB port but I tend to use the USB2 ports on those boards which support USB3 as I distrust that protocol greatly.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I flashed the BIOS again with 1402 using a USB drive, but it didn't solve the problem. I tried booting off a Windows DVD and it worked, so I determined it was a boot drive issue and disconnected all drives except for my boot SSD - the system booted properly. I have since reconnected all drives and installed my second GPU and everything works fine.

The only ongoing issue is that the BIOS still has artifacting or missing pieces similar to what an earlier post described. I would really like to fix this as it complicates OC'ing