cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios 1402 Error

percha09
Level 7
my bios 1402 suddenly errase some parts of the screen in the bios interface, i remove the battery, wait 10 seconds, put it again, and the problem doesnt solve, the pc works, windows start , any opinion?
19 REPLIES 19

Mummy
Level 8
Hi, and welcome!
can you take a picture of it?
can you reflahs it back to old BIOS?
CPU: AMD FX-8150 MB: ASUS Crosshair V Formula DDR3: 2x4GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3-1866
GPU: ASUS 7970 SSD: 4x Corsair F3 120GB @ Raid0 PSU: SF Golden Silent 500W OS: W7 Ultimate 64bit

oldbrave
Level 9
Sounds like you may have gotten a bad download of the 1402 bios.
There's a couple of things you can do, download the 1402 file again and check the file size to make sure it's complete and make sure that the flash drive you are using is formatted in fat 16 or fat 32, or just flash it back to 1301 version.
Look at the brite side, the bad flash didn't brick your system ! 🙂
Electronic Smoke Signals From my TechnoTeepee
ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM3+ 990FX, 1703 bios
AMD FX 8350 Vishera @ 5162Mhz [21x245] 1.546v 🙂
Water Cooled - Koolance EX2-1055, CPU 370 WB, Idle=22c Load=52c
32Gb G.Skill Sniper ddr3 1600 8G X 4 , 9-9-9-24 @ 1.55v
ASUS HD7970-DC2T-3GD5, Cat 13.5 beta 2, Dell U3011 @ 2560x1600
SanDisk Extreme 120Gb SSD SATA 6Gb, 250Gb SATA 6Gb, 1Tb SATA 6Gb x2
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Corsair HX1000w PSU

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
As having recently suffered major problems via going backwards in BIOS Revisions, I would strongly caution you to be very careful doing so. I ended up bricking my BIOS(killed it effectively) and had to order another one, so please do be careful with it 🙂

DaemonCantor
Level 13
I still don't understand Myk why you didn't order like a Dosen of them since you keep upgrading and doing all kinds of Havoc to it.... and percha09 I would suggest if you run into trouble please keep us informed so that the Wonderful Group of people can help... or you can just Drive Myk Nuts with Questions....:p

DaemonCantor wrote:
I still don't understand Myk why you didn't order like a Dosen of them since you keep upgrading and doing all kinds of Havoc to it.... and percha09 I would suggest if you run into trouble please keep us informed so that the Wonderful Group of people can help... or you can just Drive Myk Nuts with Questions....:p

lmao smart azz 😛 and I don't do that much with my Rig...except for a few much needed upgrades lol and eh, at the time I ordered the chip I only had enough cash in my account for the one lol

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Finnaly some one Called ne a Smart A$$! it about time! :cool:

here as you can see, the bios vanish in some parts, the thing is that i update through asus all suite II, from the global link and flash it whitout error, about a week ago, and 2 days ago when i turn on my pc in the black screen says "please select proper boot devise and continue" so i restart it and when i enter in bios i catch with that error, that after updating it all was correct

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
ohhhh boy, you performed the Cardinal Sin with BIOS Flashing by doing it through Windows....you're very lucky it didn't brick your BIOS. Suggestion, redownload the update, put it onto a FAT formatted USB stick and if possible, try and reflash your BIOS from within the BIOS EZ Flash2 Tool (far right of the screen in the Tool option)

all rigth FAT, FAT32, OR EXFAT. in any usb port or it doesnt matter? ( how i put my pc config in messages?)