cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bent socket pins/physical damage not covered by warranty

doncker
Level 7
hi,

Wanna post my last msg here to confirm that asus support and services sucks totally.
They wanna remplace my board becvause broken pins on socket.
For now, i will not buy anymore Asus products and tell my customers to do the same.

Asus, you lose a fidel and good client. Your attitude is pathetic. Never saw that until now.

I am soooo ungry that i stop wirting now and ******** !

Like we says in French : "Adieu et plus jamais"

A very dispointed customer.
30 REPLIES 30

foana
Level 7
Hey doncker,
Are you saying that they are going to replace your board because of broken pins? Or that they won't replace it because of broken pins?
RIVF
2 x HD7950 1100/1250
16Gb G.SKILL RipjawsZ 2133Mhz
2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb Raid0, OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS 120Gb
2 x 2Tb WD Caviar Black, WD Raptor 150Gb
Seasonic X-1250
HAFX
XSPC AX360 3 x Scythe GT 1850
Yamakasi Catleap 2B 2560x1440@124hz
Windows 7 x64

Zygomorphic
Level 17
@doncker, if ASUS wants to replace the board because of broken pins, that shows they are trying to work things out for you. That's not a sign that their support is terrible, it shows that they are trying to take care of their customers.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

For every one ..... They don't replace the board !
Broken pins was not my fault but they don't care about it !!! Refugies behind the garanty rules !!!

doncker wrote:
Broken pins was not my fault but they don't care about it !!!

It's not only Asus. Every motherboard manufacturer out there won't replace a motherboard with broken pins or ANY physical damage for that matter. I would take it up with the retailer you purchased it from.

foana
Level 7
Hey doncker,
Sorry to hear that. If you can guarantee it was not you who broke the pins then basically, the only way you could have gotten out of this mess would have been to inspect the socket during purchase at the retailer. I know that most people would not have considered this, or could have had the item mailed, but because of the nature of the damage, as you have come to find, the board cannot be replaced.
RIVF
2 x HD7950 1100/1250
16Gb G.SKILL RipjawsZ 2133Mhz
2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb Raid0, OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS 120Gb
2 x 2Tb WD Caviar Black, WD Raptor 150Gb
Seasonic X-1250
HAFX
XSPC AX360 3 x Scythe GT 1850
Yamakasi Catleap 2B 2560x1440@124hz
Windows 7 x64

sandro_c
Level 12
Hi Doncker,
In replay # 23 on your tread "Where are the guys from ASUS??" I wrote to you but you have not even deigned me a reply, I thought that my stupid experience not interested to you and instead,..... you are here with a similar story, similar but not the SAME!
The differences should be:
1) my MB was a Xxx brand and not ASUS, but ... unfortunately the Assist.indirect was the same!
2) my MB when he went to the dealer was only a problem of bios and had never bent or broken pins but when he returned had three pins bent and no longer worked, and when I repair these pins, it returned to its original defect, then had been damaged by others!
Try to reinstall your MB, and if it shows the same defect then ..... the pin was already damaged before.
3) my MB never came in Lab-Xxx-Europe, your at least arrived in the Lab-ASUS-Europe ....or the retailer decided hiself that there was a broken pin, like to me?

After you have answered these questions, then perhaps it would be better to declare .... I never buy Hw without the direct assistance in Europe!
It was happened to me because for the first time I had purchased a non-ASUS MB, and unfortunately I had bought it from a dealer DISHONEST! That is the real problem of the Indirect Asssistence.
However, I feel sorry for you, there are irritating situations.

sandro c

Lemmy1978
Level 7
Buying pc components is actually tossing money. warnings for each when-sending hardware to RMA or local reseller. , Always during the package, take some video or photos, detailed video is better. mainly on-socket ..
they know that you will not judge because of 350 euros
But I am satisfied for ASUS.

Nodens
Level 16
As it's already said absolutely no company will replace a motherboard with bent pins because bent pins are a user error issue.
I've never heard of a SEALED board (not ASUS but any company) with bent LGA socket pins out of the box. Still I'll consider that it's possible because I personally believe being absolute about anything is wrong.
You should carefully inspect anything you buy, the moment you buy it. If you buy a couch, you check it carefully, if it has a cigarrete burn you ask for a replacement right on arrival. If you don't, no company will replace your couch 1 day later. It's the same thing with this. If your board had this issue on its own, you should have inspected it and called it the moment you got it. No company is going to replace boards with bent pins..
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

sandro_c
Level 12
Hi guys,
@ Lemmy1978,
the photos could be a deterrent for dishonest, not a proof to go before a judge, as it was now my only chance with my dealer and to do that you need specific expertise of technical personnel of the court that cost thousands of euro and is ridiculous to do this for a value of € 350.
It should be a must for the serious Brand give direct assistance at any cost, and be more "customer oriented" happens when a problem like this.
@ Nodens,
Of course, should also be a moral problem of the customer, do not try at all costs want to replace a MB from Brand, with Soket damaged by himself, otherwise everything is permitted without any liability, to the Brand with the claim that 350 euro not is willing to "lose face"!
Carefully inspect a MB is not always possible, think about the fact that often it is received by courier or post-mail, and if it turns out when you open with the damaged pin ... who said that was not the customer, or came so!
If it has to do with dishonest there are no weapons!
Greetings from
sandro c.