cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B550-E: audio driver 6.0.8971.1 can't be installed & Razer Viper doesn't work in UEFI

loinad
Level 7
Hey ASUS,

The latest audio driver (6.0.8971.1) from the mobo's website page can't be installed, as per the screenshot. Also, the Razer Viper mouse doesn't work in the UEFI -- the cursor doesn't move.

3 REPLIES 3

MoKiChU
Level 40
loinad wrote:
Hey ASUS,

The latest audio driver (6.0.8971.1) from the mobo's website page can't be installed, as per the screenshot.

Hi,

ASUS made a mistake, the latest drivers package available on your support page is not for your motherboard but for ASUS PRIME/TUF DTS Custom motherboards.

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

ASUS made a mistake, the latest drivers package available on your support page is not for you motherboard but for ASUS PRIME/TUF DTS Custom motherboards.

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Thank you -- I always appreciated your packaging work and will once again use your drivers. Glad to see you back at it.

loinad
Level 7
loinad wrote:
Hey ASUS,

The latest audio driver (6.0.8971.1) from the mobo's website page can't be installed, as per the screenshot. Also, the Razer Viper mouse doesn't work in the UEFI -- the cursor doesn't move.

Thank you -- I always appreciated your packaging work and will once again use your drivers. Glad to see you back at it. 🙂