cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Z-87 Pro, AI Suite 3 "access violation" error on restart

millerdude
Level 7
When running AI Suite 3's 4 way optimization, upon the initial restart after Windows loads I get the following error.... "Access Violation at address 00451314 in module 'AISuite3.exe'. write of address 000003A8."

I have the 1007 Bios on the z87 pro, I-5 4670K processor, 8Gb (2x4GB) G.Skills Sniper Series Ram, Samsung 840 Pro SSD.

I uninstalled AI Suite 3 several times, ran the cleaner after uninstalling, re-installed AI Suite 3 only to end up with the same results. Any help is greatly appreciated.
55 REPLIES 55

Raja@ASUS wrote:
A number of things spring to mind - your post is horribly brief so shooting from the hip accordingly.

1) IRST is Intel Rapid Storage Technology - Intel's AHCI driver for SATA storage devices which replaces the deault MS AHCI driver in the OS. Some versions of IRST are buggy and may cause issue with the system. You can try uninstalling it to see if it cures yor issue.

2) DIP AWAY mode is a power saving feature that activates when the compute has been idle for some time. I think you can disable this feature by going into the 4-way menu of AI suite>EPU and then untick the away mode box and press apply.

3) Esnure you are running the latest UEFI version for your board and the latest version of AI suite.

4) Ensure the system is 100% stable - especially if overclocked.

-Raja

I don't have away mode selected in any of my profiles in AI Suite 3 yet I still get crash reports from DipAwaymode.exe
ASUS Maximus VI Formula - i7 4770K - H80i - MSI R9 Fury X - HyperX 16GB Ram - 250GB + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD - Benq XL2730Z 2560x1440p 144hz Freesync - Seasonic 1000w 80 Plus Platnum...

Raja@ASUS wrote:
A number of things spring to mind - your post is horribly brief so shooting from the hip accordingly.

1) IRST is Intel Rapid Storage Technology - Intel's AHCI driver for SATA storage devices which replaces the deault MS AHCI driver in the OS. Some versions of IRST are buggy and may cause issue with the system. You can try uninstalling it to see if it cures yor issue.

2) DIP AWAY mode is a power saving feature that activates when the compute has been idle for some time. I think you can disable this feature by going into the 4-way menu of AI suite>EPU and then untick the away mode box and press apply.

3) Esnure you are running the latest UEFI version for your board and the latest version of AI suite.

4) Ensure the system is 100% stable - especially if overclocked.

-Raja

I have had this error on every bios.

I am currently running 1603 on Windows 8.1 64 bit and up to date.

I don't have away mode selected in any of my profiles in AI Suite 3 yet I still get crash reports from DipAwaymode.exe
ASUS Maximus VI Formula - i7 4770K - H80i - MSI R9 Fury X - HyperX 16GB Ram - 250GB + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD - Benq XL2730Z 2560x1440p 144hz Freesync - Seasonic 1000w 80 Plus Platnum...

Drathek
Level 7
Sorry if I am bringing this post back from the dead, but I have not found very many topics on DipAwayMode.

I am using a Asus Maxiumus IV Impact board with AI Suite VER10056 and I have only started having trouble with DipAwayMode.exe if Dropbox is running. Disabling Dropbox from startup prevents the explorer.exe crash. Unfortunately I cannot be without my Dropbox so until a better workaround is figured out I will have to deal with AI Suite bugging out. I hope this helps lead to a solution, though it is really weird that the two programs would conflict at all.

Also, all of Raja's suggestions did not have any impact on the DipAwayMode problem. Pretty sure it is linked to how Dropbox works in some way.

Raja
Level 13
Sounds like your system is not fully stable - at first approximation.

Astrix_au
Level 7
I don't have the away mode selected in any of the profiles yet I keep getting the crash reports from DipAwayMode.exe

rexx91
Level 7
-Uninstall Intel Rapid Technology
-restart
-no more error

Hope this helps 😄