cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Z-87 Pro, AI Suite 3 "access violation" error on restart

millerdude
Level 7
When running AI Suite 3's 4 way optimization, upon the initial restart after Windows loads I get the following error.... "Access Violation at address 00451314 in module 'AISuite3.exe'. write of address 000003A8."

I have the 1007 Bios on the z87 pro, I-5 4670K processor, 8Gb (2x4GB) G.Skills Sniper Series Ram, Samsung 840 Pro SSD.

I uninstalled AI Suite 3 several times, ran the cleaner after uninstalling, re-installed AI Suite 3 only to end up with the same results. Any help is greatly appreciated.
55 REPLIES 55

I installed the 4 way module update from .54 and I was able to successfully complete all 4 stages of the auto tune. One thing I didn't expect was my voltage to be set to 1.35 as the higher threshold. The YouTube video from ASUS says the tuning sets a limit of ~1.25. My DRAM speed was also throttled down to 1000 which is also strange since stock is 1333 and memory is able to run at north of 2200. Any explanation for this?

My guess is that any improved clock speed on the CPU outweighs any performance bump you would have gotten from running your RAM at it's advertised speed, therefore, when push comes to shove, the optimizer throttled your RAM down in favor of better (stable) CPU performance. Do a google search on "3 steps to overclocking a Haswell", that's where I'm coming from...

So why aren't we seeing this update on the official website?

I'd like to know why these updates aren't showing up on the official site as well. On the Asus site there is this when I click on 'my product'....

"Subscribe EDM:Keep me up to date by eDMs with ASUS news, software updates, and latest product and service information."

I have yet to receive any such notices although there have been numerous updates since I registered my product. The Asus site itself does not seem to work right. The knowledge base for my board has disappeared. I saw it once, but nothing there pertained to my issues. Now it is gone and clicking the tab takes me to a different customer support page. I gave up getting any help from Asus's technical inquiry. Lijay has been absolutely no help at all. Most of his/her responses are almost unreadable and make no sense at all. I stopped responding to his/her replies when he/she asked me questions about my rig that I told him/her about a MONTH previously.

Hey, I just build systems with ASUS Z87-Expert, installed win7 x64, fully updated win 7, updated to latest bios, installed latest drivers, installed AI suite 3 v.1.00.62 (latest at the time of writing) and I encountered the known crash:

Tried to run it 3 times with always the same result. Hopefully fix will come soon which seems unfortunately unlikely.
I've ran tens of hours of games and tests without any OC and the system has not crashed once so I strongly point my finger towards buggy AI suite software.

-Jim-
Level 8
Gents,

Sebastain posted a fix for a similar issue I had on this thread with a Z-87-A (Thanks Again!)

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?35599-Z87-A-Overclocking-Failure-Access-Violation-at-Addres...

The issue seems to be in the new versions of AI Suite 3. You should try his fix, it only takes a couple minutes.

(Now if I can figure out how to rename the Fans I'd be golden...;) )

loccc
Level 7
I made a support ticket about this "Access Violation" issue to Asus and the answer was:
"R&D is always tinkering with these so that issues like this would not affect users.
An update is being worked on but i have no ETA for it."
I've Z87-Expert board with this same issue. Based on the forums at least some Z87-A, PRO and Expert boards are affected.

loccc wrote:
I made a support ticket about this "Access Violation" issue to Asus and the answer was:
"R&D is always tinkering with these so that issues like this would not affect users.
An update is being worked on but i have no ETA for it."
I've Z87-Expert board with this same issue. Based on the forums at least some Z87-A, PRO and Expert boards are affected.

version 1.00.55 for the Z87-Expert is supposed to have fixed the problem. Its supposed to be going up on the support page download section for this board...

Will 1.00.55 work with Z87 Pro also?

Raja@ASUS wrote:
version 1.00.55 for the Z87-Expert is supposed to have fixed the problem. Its supposed to be going up on the support page download section for this board...

Thanks for the heads up. Will be refreshing the support page in which the update is not up at the time of writing.