cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Z-87 Pro, AI Suite 3 "access violation" error on restart

millerdude
Level 7
When running AI Suite 3's 4 way optimization, upon the initial restart after Windows loads I get the following error.... "Access Violation at address 00451314 in module 'AISuite3.exe'. write of address 000003A8."

I have the 1007 Bios on the z87 pro, I-5 4670K processor, 8Gb (2x4GB) G.Skills Sniper Series Ram, Samsung 840 Pro SSD.

I uninstalled AI Suite 3 several times, ran the cleaner after uninstalling, re-installed AI Suite 3 only to end up with the same results. Any help is greatly appreciated.
55 REPLIES 55

so far... uninstall > reboot > install "AISuite3_V10054(With4Way)" > reboot --, from link above, and lag introduced to my universal logitech antenna mounted on a Thermaltake USB3 compatible aux internal front mount device. Same lag was observed on installation of earlier aisuite3 versions, but only on the back ports of the motherboard.. bottom line, my first work around to mouse lag at boot no longer works, so I'll have to look for another work around. Next... trying 4-way optimization.

Mouse sleeps for a while, once again, after Win7 settles at desktop, only now on both mobo and aux ports (after 3 reboots)-- seems to be a result of the aisuite3 software at the link posted above. A solution might be to program a mobo port as 'hot' (in the BIOS), at least, according to what I've read in the manual.

On the upside, I'm idling at 4.5 GHz on all cores (spikes to 4.6 GHz), with temps in the 34-36 C range at idle (CoolerMaster 212+ heatsink, in an old Centurion 5 case (2006ish), with a SilenX 120 mm exhaust, and an 80 mm SilenX intake.

According to 3 Steps to Overclocking a Haswell, my CPU is in the median range of performers to come off the assembly line (assuming the ASUS software is reliably pushing my CPU to its capabilities).

Looking forward to testing some model fitting with these settings vs default optimum.

Good luck salmonslug. I hope you have better luck with it than I did. Nice setup btw. I have a lot of upgrading and adding on to do. Asus never did respond to my open technical inquiry to tell me about the AI Suite III update. I did register my board on their site. There have been several updates and even a new bios since I've registered and I have never once received an email from Asus notifying me. EZ update has never shown me an update available, yet I've seen several posted on the Asus site since installing it. I would have been completely lost if it weren't for the great people here on these forums. I really wanted to fall in love with this board, but instead I'm heart broken. I suppose my next move will be a disappointing phone call with Asus's customer service. YAY :rolleyes:

Sounds like you lucked out in the cpu lottery salmonslug. Have fun bud. I'm so jealous. I would have liked to have spent the weekend pushing mine, but instead I'll be shopping for a different Z-87 board I think.

I hear your frustration millerdude and I appreciate that you started this thread. I've observed many of the same quirks you've documented. I, too, noticed EZ update recommending an older BIOS than what is currently available from the support page, so I ended up flashing 1205 from a thumb drive-- which seemed to take two attempts (common from what I've read elsewhere).

I hope I can find a solution to the USB power issue. It's frustrating that the mouse dongle doesn't get power immediately after the OS loads, especially since the issue exists only after aisuite3 is installed. I wouldn't be surprised if the issue is related to the iPad charge problem millerdude mentioned.

I was planning to build a budget beast for the statistical analysis/math modeling work I do, and originally had the 3770k in mind, but ended up grabbing a good deal on the z87 Pro/4770k combo. My 3770k/z77 Sabertooth at work is a verified beast at stock settings. It's too early to say how my new build compares. Now that I've got it overclocked, I may actually go back to stock settings. Eventually, I'll be benchmarking some model runs to see what performance boost I get when OC'd. Since my little fans were nearly inaudible at stock settings, and they're a bit noisier now, I plan to go back to stock settings for non-intensive workloads. Anyway, this is a huge step up from the 680i/2.14 GHz Core2Duo I was running at home.

Best of luck millerdude.

millerdude wrote:
Also noticed that my wife's kindle is not recognized for the 3.0 charge boost now, and it worked fine before. My level of frustration with this board has me leaning toward returning it.

With charge boost active, the USB device should not be accessible for data. That means you are in fast charging mode. To communicate with the device, disable the fast charging function. Previous versions of AI Charger had an issue and this was patched, so if you're seeing this now, it means it is working as it should be.

pmoores
Level 7
I was having the same issue with the 4 way optimisation. i've installed the new 54 version and the optimisation worked but the DIPAwayMode.exe now crashes....

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: DipAwayMode.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 00000000
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18015
Fault Module Timestamp: 50b83c8a
Exception Code: 40010006
Exception Offset: 0000c41f
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.274.10
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 582c
Additional Information 2: 582c14ac2fdfa55776e1068d4ab0d048
Additional Information 3: ce3c
Additional Information 4: ce3c35983ef86b949a64f760c2d658d9

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

any Idea's Asus?

Before this Update DIPAwayMode.exe worked fine even on this OS.

pmoores wrote:
I was having the same issue with the 4 way optimisation. i've installed the new 54 version and the optimisation worked but the DIPAwayMode.exe now crashes....

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: DipAwayMode.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 00000000
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18015
Fault Module Timestamp: 50b83c8a
Exception Code: 40010006
Exception Offset: 0000c41f
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.274.10
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 582c
Additional Information 2: 582c14ac2fdfa55776e1068d4ab0d048
Additional Information 3: ce3c
Additional Information 4: ce3c35983ef86b949a64f760c2d658d9

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

any Idea's Asus?

Before this Update DIPAwayMode.exe worked fine even on this OS.

Same for me.

pmoores
Level 7
seems that the power saving seems to be a lot less with the DIPAwayMode.exe not working 😞

I am having the same issue with aisuiteIII on the ASUS Z87 Deluxe board. I was using version 51 and it would have the bespoke access violation on its initial reboot of the os (w7ultimate64) after I selected the 4 way opt. again following the youtube video asus has posted there. I will try version 54 tonight and let you know what I see.