cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS X570 Event 17, WHEA logger warnings fix, When?

paulus_69
Level 7
Other manufacturers fixed those errors in log, ASUS is the only one that still have them. When is this going to be fixed?

I'm running 3700x with GTX1080 Ti, and I get at least three warnings on boot, and can trigger more just by running CPUZ, HWINFO, Ryzen master, Msi Afterburner, etc.
37 REPLIES 37

DanHot
Level 7
Same here!

I get them all the time. I've got a rx 5700 xt GPU.

AStaley
Level 7
Thought these were fixed in 803 with an AGESA update, can’t recall if you needed the latest AMD chipset software installed as well, but no harm in installing. *I’ve not had a single WHEA error with my build.
AMD 5950X | Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB | ROG Strix 2080Ti | 1+2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVME | ROG Thor 850W | Strix Helios Case | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360

Same problem tuf 570 and rtx 2070

stmarci
Level 7
Hi, I'm having the exact same problem with a Ryzen 7 3700X and an Asus Prime X570-Pro (BIOS 1201, Agesa 1.0.0.3 ABBA). Video card is an RTX 2070 Super (Asus ROG Strix A8G Gaming), memory: G.Skill 3200MHz with XMP profile enabled. I managed to reduce the amount of WHEA warnings by disabling the PCI Express power saving feature in the power plan itself. I also got a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Stop error (ie. Blue Screen Of Death) with my previous video card which was a RTX 2070 A8G-Gaming (Asus). I mistakenly returned it becuause the crashdump showed that the Nvidia High Definition Audio Controller was faulty (UC - unexpected completion and CTO - completion timeout occurred and that's the reason why it was deemed uncorrectable).

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. However I'm expecting Asus+AMD+nVidia to come with a solution soon.

I'm not a hardware expert but from the architecture of the Zen2 platform it seems that the PCI Express controller resides in the CPU itself, hopefully this is some kind of a power saving or PCIe 4.0 issue which can be fixed with a BIOS update.

Currently I'm experiencing Event 17 correctable errors which point to the nVidia High Definition Audio Controller and the GPU itself (10DE/1E84 and 10DE/10F8). I can reproduce it by rebooting the machine (I get around 3) and around 1-2 when running GPU intensive applications like Folding@Home.

Best Regards,
Márton

raju2529
Level 7
reinstall the generic Nvidia driver or Asus cusmized nvidia driver will fix this issues
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

raju2529 wrote:
reinstall the generic Nvidia driver or Asus cusmized nvidia driver will fix this issues

No, unfortunately it didn't help although I gave it a try. This is a hardware error, it won't be solved by reinstalling different kinds of software although it is possible to circumvent the problem with a software workaround. That's up to the engineers at nVidia/AMD (Asus) to decide. Either the CPU's PCI Express controller is faulty or there is a problem with the motherboard (perhaps the clocks are unstable etc.). At best there will be a BIOS fix that can mask the problem but nothing else.

raju2529 wrote:

No that is not true!
Even without driver this issue is there,

it because ASUS missed the option for change PCIe_1 x16.