cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS X570 CROSSHAIR HERO VIII Stuck in A8 password verification 1800x

Saikamaldoss
Level 7
Hello Guys,

I upgraded my motherboard from ASUS HERO VI for my 1800x as a placeholder for 3950x and it booted up good and was working perfectly.

I visited the website below and downloaded latest bios version 0803 and flashed it. after flash, computer is stuck in A8 error code (Password verification)
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-Crosshair-VIII-Hero-WI-FI/

I have already tried using a 16 GB drive formatted in FAT32 and copied the bios file after renaming it to C8HW.CAP. put it in correct USB slot that says BIOS and held the bios button for 3 sec and I see the light blinking 3 times but then it will be stable meaning nothing is happening. Not sure what to try..

Any suggestions ? IF nothing works I am planning to return this 375$ board for a MSI or something that will work. I should have stayed with 0590 or what ever it came with 😕

https://valid.x86.fr/5p4jds
803 Views
11 REPLIES 11

magnusr
Level 7
Is this board even compatible with the 1800x? It only lists 2000 and 3000 series as supported!

Saikamaldoss wrote:
Hello Guys,

I upgraded my motherboard from ASUS HERO VI for my 1800x as a placeholder for 3950x and it booted up good and was working perfectly.

I visited the website below and downloaded latest bios version 0803 and flashed it. after flash, computer is stuck in A8 error code (Password verification)
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-Crosshair-VIII-Hero-WI-FI/

I have already tried using a 16 GB drive formatted in FAT32 and copied the bios file after renaming it to C8HW.CAP. put it in correct USB slot that says BIOS and held the bios button for 3 sec and I see the light blinking 3 times but then it will be stable meaning nothing is happening. Not sure what to try..

Any suggestions ? IF nothing works I am planning to return this 375$ board for a MSI or something that will work. I should have stayed with 0590 or what ever it came with 😕

https://valid.x86.fr/5p4jds

magnusr wrote:
Is this board even compatible with the 1800x? It only lists 2000 and 3000 series as supported!


It was working with stock bios I was playing division 2 for an hour or 2. So ya it is supported.

it was working flawlessly with my CPU till I upgraded my bios. The best part was I was finally able to run my F4-3200C14D 64GB at 3200 14C. This is something to do with bios. Now it won’t do anything other then sitting at A8*

Then use flashback to 0702.

If there is a steady light instead of a blinking one you should try another stick. Maybe it is broken.

Keep in mind, that the C8H isn't compatible with Ryzen 1st gen.

frkazid wrote:
Then use flashback to 0702.

If there is a steady light instead of a blinking one you should try another stick. Maybe it is broken.

Keep in mind, that the C8H isn't compatible with Ryzen 1st gen.


I tried both bios and both failed. Won’t boot. A8...

Not compatible ?? How did it woke with out of the box bios ? So you mean to say ASUS is blocking it now with new bios ? They will lose customers. That is all.* because I can simply use my x370 and upgrade to 3900x... I will be happy and AMD will win as I Will buy 3900x.. what about ASUS ?? Lol that is a no brainer..*

Saikamaldoss wrote:
I tried both bios and both failed. Won’t boot. A8...

Not compatible ?? How did it woke with out of the box bios ? So you mean to say ASUS is blocking it now with new bios ? They will lose customers. That is all.* because I can simply use my x370 and upgrade to 3900x... I will be happy and AMD will win as I Will buy 3900x.. what about ASUS ?? Lol that is a no brainer..*


AMD themselves has listed that first gen ryzens would not be compatible with X570 boards. It maybe possible that it was working with an old beta bios, but it would not be officially supported. X570 has a set of features that may not be compatible with 1st gen (such as PCIE 4.0) that's why dropping support for it may be necessary.

mj_dijamco wrote:
AMD themselves has listed that first gen ryzens would not be compatible with X570 boards. It maybe possible that it was working with an old beta bios, but it would not be officially supported. X570 has a set of features that may not be compatible with 1st gen (such as PCIE 4.0) that's why dropping support for it may be necessary.


Ok then I will return it and will try MSI.*

Saikamaldoss wrote:
Ok then I will return it and will try MSI.*


That shouldn't work either. All X570 should be incompatible with the first generation Ryzen.

You should check mj_dijamcos link again.

IIIISubzeroIIII
Level 7
Saikamaldoss wrote:
Hello Guys,

I upgraded my motherboard from ASUS HERO VI for my 1800x as a placeholder for 3950x and it booted up good and was working perfectly.

I visited the website below and downloaded latest bios version 0803 and flashed it. after flash, computer is stuck in A8 error code (Password verification)
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-Crosshair-VIII-Hero-WI-FI/

I have already tried using a 16 GB drive formatted in FAT32 and copied the bios file after renaming it to C8HW.CAP. put it in correct USB slot that says BIOS and held the bios button for 3 sec and I see the light blinking 3 times but then it will be stable meaning nothing is happening. Not sure what to try..

Any suggestions ? IF nothing works I am planning to return this 375$ board for a MSI or something that will work. I should have stayed with 0590 or what ever it came with 😕

https://valid.x86.fr/5p4jds


Exactly the same issue. Using 1800x and upgrade from CH6. Worked out of box on bios 0506. Ezupdate flashed to 0702. Q code A8.

Compatible bios not avail to flash back.

Waiting avail of 3950x.

Returned to Amazon as bricked.

Don't really want to get a 2nd gen as temp.

Asus should make 0506 avail online with the understanding it allows 1st gen, but enhanced features missing.


https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/c5zjl9/1800x_running_on_x570/

So it is choice of board vendors...make the right choice asus

Unless someone can dump the ROM...😀

i can confirm that i have the same issue like Saikamaldoss, i also opened a thread some days ago:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?112503-Asus-ROG-Crosshair-VIII-Hero-(Wi-Fi)-BIOS-Update

it cant be that i doesn't word after the bios update. We need the Stock BIOS 0506!!!