cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus x570 Crosshair Hero High Pch Temperature

zekikosiff
Level 7
Hello ım using ryzen 9 3900x and asus crosshair 8 hero. I have a problem my pch temp idle 65-70c this is normal ? Im using hwinfo.(last bios and chipset version)
16 REPLIES 16

chrisk2305
Level 7
thx

I just registered to report that with Asus Prime X570-Pro and a GTX 1080 Ti Strix installed on the first slot, my PCH reaches 80C while gaming because it sucks all the hot air from it. Also, my chipset fan maxes out at around 3600 rpm.
With a room temperature of 28 degrees, my PCH idle temperature is about 68C.
Are these normal temperatures?

I'd say these are normal temperatures right now.

Hopefully you can set the fan speed with a next BIOS.

Gothmoth
Level 8
asus.. .. or hope dies last.

the bios team has dropped the ball some time ago.... and now this.
i guess i have bought my last asus board.

The heat sink goes even further under the fan (it forms a nose, so to speak). Only the heat conduction pad quills a little.

It looks worse than it is. 

Could just removing the plastic shround over the chipset help with temps if the case is well ventilated?

Mr__Fox
Level 12
zekikosiff wrote:
Hello ım using ryzen 9 3900x and asus crosshair 8 hero. I have a problem my pch temp idle 65-70c this is normal ? Im using hwinfo.(last bios and chipset version)
Thank you for starting this thread. Considering how long ago it was, and further considering they've done NOTHING to address their defective design speaks volumes about what a lame outfit they are. They have had ample time to do something and haven't. They don't care.

I can hardly wait to get my hands on the EVGA X570 Dark. I swore I would never buy another ASUS product again, but like an idiot, here I am with a Crosshair VIII Hero mobo. Coming back to ASUS because I didn't like the other X570 options at the time of purchase, I am reminded of why I wrote them off. After having nothing but great experiences with X299 Dark and Z490 Dark motherboards, the bar was set very high and the Crosshair is pretty lame in comparison.

ASUS sucks by nearly every measurement. They used to make good products and were the masters of BIOS excellence. They cut corners everywhere now, their high-end motherboards are unreliable, prone to failure, and their warranty service is absolutely atrocious. In contrast, EVGA is a joy to work with. Their products are rock solid and they treat customers as one would expect a company that cares about the people that buy their products would. They offer advanced RMA and cross-ship replacement products when you have a problem. With ASUS, they leave things broken and look for excuses to blame customers for defects rather than resolving issues with their defective products.

There is no excuse for the shoddy design of the PCH cooler on my Crosshair VIII Hero. Whoever designed it clearly either did not care or had no idea what they were doing. I already took the heat sink off and put a GELID thermal pad in place of the original, with a thin layer of paste on each side and the PCH temperatures are unchanged. It was a waste of time because the fan and heat sink are poorly designed and ineffective. I also have to turn the PSU off and back on to get my system to POST every time the system is powered off. Defective junk is what their brand stands for, and it is very sad. They used to be awesome.
Wraith // EVGA Z690 Dark K|NGP|N | 13900K | RTX 4090 Suprim | 32GB DDR5 Hynix A-DIE @8200 | SuperNOVA 1600 P2 | HC-500A Chiller | MO-RA3 360 || DG-86
Banshee // ROG Z690 Apex | 13900KF | RTX 3090 K|INGP|N | 32GB DDR5 Hynix A-DIE @ 6800 | Corsair RM122x SHIFT | XT-45 NOVA || 5000D Airflow
Half-Breed // Precision 17 7720 | 7920HQ (BGA filth) | Quadro P5000 16GB (MXM) | 32GB DDR4 || Grade A Off-Lease Refurb