cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus X470 Strix F Gaming POST issues.

krisdooman
Level 7
So i ordered and X470 F Gaming board from New Egg. Un boxed it. Inspected the board. Seemed to be okay. Installed the 2600X i ordered with it. dropped board in the case. installed one stick of DDR4 (8GB) to B2 slot as per manual. Installed heat sink and installed a test GPU ( Nvidia 1060). Gave it all power.... Then the POST issues started. Board runs through initial boot and DRAM LED (Yellow) turns on and shuts off. CPU LED (Red) turns on and shuts off. It then goes to VGA LED (White) and stops. VGA light stays on and i get a POST beep. Followed by one long tone plus 4 short tones. According to the manual. The beep code i am getting indicates component failure.

I have done many searches on Google and this forum. Seems like alot of people are having issues. Has anyone else had this issue? I am about to RMA the board to NewEgg assuming it was DOA. Can anyone help? Just any input or advice would be good. I have never done an AMD build before but i have done about 7 Intel builds. So this is kind of new for me.
4 REPLIES 4

chevell65
Level 12
It sounds like the GPU isn't being picked up by EFI bios.

Try shutting down completely, bleed off ALL power with start button, shut off PSU, unplug the HDMI or display cable and unplug power from the GPU, remove and reseat the GPU, plug everything back in then power the system back on.

If this doesn't work try the same thing but clear cmos beforehand.

Okay guys. Starting to get a bit upset. I RMAed the motherboard which took about 2 weeks. New Egg sent me another board. IT”S DOING THE SAME THING. I tried everything…

What is more confusing is the fact that it does give real quick beep after it runs through it’s DRAM, CPU and VGA checks. The QLED stay on white after what I think is a POST beep. Then gives a beeeeeep-beep-beep-beep pause beep. I have to be doing something wrong? The odds of them sending me a bad board twice?
I do not know what else to do other than scrap this project. I am honestly at my wits end. My dad is also a builder. So as a last resort i am taking the rig to his place tomorrow to see if he can double check my work.

Any inpit would be great.

chevell65 wrote:
It sounds like the GPU isn't being picked up by EFI bios.

Try shutting down completely, bleed off ALL power with start button, shut off PSU, unplug the HDMI or display cable and unplug power from the GPU, remove and reseat the GPU, plug everything back in then power the system back on.

If this doesn't work try the same thing but clear cmos beforehand.

I didn't re seat the CPU. I figured it out. This may need to be pinned up. Turns out this board will not support most older GPU's. The Test GPU i was usisg just to get it running was causing the board to act real weird. Broke down and took the EVGA 1060 out of my working machine. Then installed that. No more POST errors. No beeps of death. I have it all buttons up and running. Finally was able to take old machine down completely and switch to my new Ryzen machine. Quite happy.

Aeratiel
Level 7
Guys I'm on latest bios, updated my 2600 for 3600x and it won't post, I get dram led, with 2600 it's posts with no problems. I tried to reset bios and it won't help.