cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Suite 3 Fan Controller Error

LittleJerk
Level 7
So this is starting to really piss me off:

I'm new to rig building, and I built this a few days ago with all new parts/software and it's been about a week now and this computer runs smoother than Voss. Except for today... Asus Suite 3 will not open because ""AsusFanControlService.FanControlManager" has failed. The only difference between yesterday and today was that I downloaded google drive, which shouldn't have done this.

i7-4770k
Asus Hero
Hyper 212 EVO
EVGA GTX 780
Samsung 840 EVO 250g
Windows 8.1 64bit

Outside all the current Asus drivers I got off the Asus website, the only changes I've made on this computer are: NVidia Experience(GPU Driver), my Logitech Keyboard/Razer Mouse drivers, Norton, Blizzard Downloader, Google Chrome, Samsung Magician (SSD Driver), Steam, Microsoft Office Pro 2010, iTunes, Adobe/Java updaters, Spotify, and Vent. All of this software, and Windows are currently up to date. I'm on the phone with an Asus rep for the past 40 minutes and we still have no idea what's going on.

The only thing that I could find that may have been screwing with the fan control software is Intel PRO Monitoring service or whatever that is, and by suggestion of the Asus Rep - I turned it off via Task Manager. Still nothing.

I have not touched the BIOS, not even to turn on XMP. The boot priority was already set up the way I wanted it to be.

Edit: He just hung up on me. Great. I called back, and NOW the office is closed! After 20 minutes of this stupid, "Asus for all of us!" song on loop.

I've noticed a lot of threads that have people with the same exact problem, but with no real permanent solution.

Also, if there are any suggestions, please provide laymans instructions, as I've never messed with a registry before.

I've used Asus' Uninstall program to uninstall then reinstall Suite - After the mandatory restart, same exact problem.
8 REPLIES 8

Chino
Level 15
Try this.

1. Uninstall AI Suite 3 the normal way.
2. Run CCleaner to clean the registry.
3. Download AI Suite 3 cleaner onto your computer.
4. Reboot into Safe Mode.
5. Run the cleaner with Administrator priviledges.
6. Restart and reinstall.

Chino wrote:
Try this.

1. Uninstall AI Suite 3 the normal way.
2. Run CCleaner to clean the registry.
3. Download AI Suite 3 cleaner onto your computer.
4. Reboot into Safe Mode.
5. Run the cleaner with Administrator priviledges.
6. Restart and reinstall.

Thank you for responding with a solution. 1 and 2 are no problem. 3 - I cannot find AI Suite 3 Cleaner on the asus site for a download. I've googled it, and almost all forums are taking everyone back to this same post: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?34503-AI-Suite-III-Cleaner

Other than his screen name being @ASUS with the Asus logo, there's nothing on his page that deems his forum account as a rep.

chantex
Level 7
This is very disapointing a still wait for support in my Thread with this Problem and another Probs too.
Hope you get your Problem solved
Thats my First Asus/Rog MB and i think my last one

chantex wrote:
This is very disapointing a still wait for support in my Thread with this Problem and another Probs too.
Hope you get your Problem solved
Thats my First Asus/Rog MB and i think my last one

Same here, still waiting for the A1 suite problems to be addressed.
I have had a few Asus boards and I also think this will be my last.

JackNaylorPE
Level 10
Are you both using the latest version of AISuite 3. This problem was experienced by many with the old version but after the proper removal as described above, and re-installation of the current version.... I can't recall any instances of threads that i saw in which it was not resolved.

I say that as I am reinstalling now..... was told to uninstall it when addressing a wireless issue (had no effect). Solved it afterwards and now that I typed this far install is done and running fan tuning now.

Latest version here for Windoze 8.1 64 bit

http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VI_HERO/#support

10-25-13 is latest version
October 26 Build
MoBo:Max VI Formula
RAM:16GB Mushkin DDR3-2400 10-12-12-28
GFX:2x Asus GTX780 DCII
HD: 2x Seagate 2TB Hybrid SSHD
SSD:2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
PSU:Seasonic X-1250
Case:Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Monitor:Asus VG248QE Black 23" 144 Hz
Optical:Asus BR Burner
KB: Logitech G19s
Mouse:RoG GX950
Fan Con.: Six Eyes
Cooling:420+280 Alphacool Rads, 35x2 Pump, EK CPU/ GPU Blocks, Acrylic Tubes w/ BP Fit

Like I've mentioned before, I made this build not even a week ago. The only drivers I downloaded on the list I provided was the current versions on the websites of their respective manufacturers. Guess how many of them didn't work? Just the Asus Suite. Unless Asus made another version of the Suite in the past 7 days, I have the current version of the program. The ASUS rep confirmed it was the current version before hanging up on me after 40 minutes. I don't know what good it will do to reinstall it, since I literally installed a brand new version on a brand new OS on a brand new SSD. But if this works, I'll feel a lot better. Still doesn't fix the issue though, if it requires me doing this, then anyone who downloads the suite runs the risk of having to reinstall the program before it actually works, which I don't need to explain - is stupid.

Either the software blows, AND customer service blows, or just the software blows. Either way, next board I'm getting is an MSI.

Also - Using google, I found 2 threads that have the same exact issue using the current version. And I bet there's at least 20 more.

LittleJerk
Level 7
Like I've mentioned before, I made this build not even a week ago. The only drivers I downloaded on the list I provided was the current versions on the websites of their respective manufacturers. Guess how many of them didn't work? Just the Asus Suite. Unless Asus made another version of the Suite in the past 7 days, I have the current version of the program. The ASUS rep confirmed it was the current version before hanging up on me after 40 minutes. I don't know what good it will do to reinstall it, since I literally installed a brand new version on a brand new OS on a brand new SSD. But if this works, I'll feel a lot better. Still doesn't fix the issue though, if it requires me doing this, then anyone who downloads the suite runs the risk of having to reinstall the program before it actually works, which I don't need to explain - is stupid.

Either the software blows, AND customer service blows, or just the software blows. Either way, next board I'm getting is an MSI.

Also - Using google, I found 2 threads that have the same exact issue using the current version. And I bet there's at least 20 more.

Chino
Level 15