cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Strix X370-F Gaming QVL RAM modules problem

Dreamburger
Level 7
Hello there,

Following an issue related to my CPU temperature not being displayed accordingly in both the BIOS and Windows 10 — now solved thanks to a BIOS update (Version 9001) which is not available yet from the ASUS website, check this thread for more information — I am facing a second problem that several people seem to have encountered as well. Basically, my setup consists of an ASUS Strix X370-F Gaming motherboard and two G.SKILL Trident Z 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 (F4-3200C14D-16GTZKW) RAM modules. This specific model is listed by ASUS in their QVL (Qualified Vendors List) and I made sure to buy those RAM modules accordingly to avoid any problem. I am supposed to be able to run these at 3,200 MHz (O.C.) while the factory settings are set to 2,133 MHz in my BIOS. I tried to set them up to run the modules at 3,200 MHz but my system will not take it for some reason, making it very instable.

Has anyone found a solution? Is ASUS aware of this problem? Any suggestions?

Kind Regards,
Dreamburger
9 REPLIES 9

MaRcIuPT wrote:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?94906-Asus-Strix-x370-f-gaming-QVL-memory

I have seen this thread, but thanks. You do not say if that's properly working though. Is it stable?
My RAM modules are plugged-in on the 2nd and 4th slots, should I change that? Also, did you edit something in the BIOS?

it's stable since I changed the kit. real bench runs without errors. the only thing I changed was the voltage, speed and timmings.

MaRcIuPT wrote:
it's stable since I changed the kit. real bench runs without errors. the only thing I changed was the voltage, speed and timmings.

OK. I switched my RAM to the 1st and 3rd slots.
Then I changed the initial memory frequency to DDR4-3,200MHz in the UEFI BIOS Utility.
I have also set up the DRAM Voltage to 1.350V (instead of 1.200V).

Is there anything to change in the DRAM Timing Control? Here's how it looks right now.

Yes, they are running @cl16 you need to change 14-14-14-14-34 rated timings. If you want of course.

Hi all
I have the same problem with or without the voltage and 14-14-14-14-34 rated timings! i manage to run fine but if turn off next day is a crash...
I purched new mems from gskill, the new AMD compatible Flare X F4-3200C14D-16GFX but is not in QVL!!! god!!! im getting real annoyed with this AMD rysen and ASUS!!!!
Going to try to reset Bios and instal in 1 and 3 slots for last try!!!

yoyo_yoyo
Level 7
Dreamburger wrote:
Hello there,

Following an issue related to my CPU temperature not being displayed accordingly in both the BIOS and Windows 10 — now solved thanks to a BIOS update (Version 9001) which is not available yet from the ASUS website, check this thread for more information — I am facing a second problem that several people seem to have encountered as well. Basically, my setup consists of an ASUS Strix X370-F Gaming motherboard and two G.SKILL Trident Z 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 (F4-3200C14D-16GTZKW) RAM modules. This specific model is listed by ASUS in their QVL (Qualified Vendors List) and I made sure to buy those RAM modules accordingly to avoid any problem. I am supposed to be able to run these at 3,200 MHz (O.C.) while the factory settings are set to 2,133 MHz in my BIOS. I tried to set them up to run the modules at 3,200 MHz but my system will not take it for some reason, making it very instable.

Has anyone found a solution? Is ASUS aware of this problem? Any suggestions?

Kind Regards,
Dreamburger

I have this exact combination 1700X + X370-F Gaming + F4-3200C14D-16GTZR (2x8GB).

Very simple to get 3200.

• Plug ram into slots 2 & 4
  • Update to latest BIOS (I'm on 3203 but this has worked for me since 0813)
  • Reset Mobo to remove any incorrect manual settings you have
  • Just select D.O.C.P Standard memory profile.

That's it, 3200 straight away with correct 14 timings.
There is absolutely no need to custom set anything for stable 3200 using that mobo and ram.

Hope that helps others.

Hello. I recently finished building a PC with a rog z690-g motherboard with a 13600k processor. I installed CPU Bending Correction Mounting Buckle LGA 1700 Kit from Thermaltake, water cooling is ASUS TUF Gaming LC 240 and memory is 32 GB 5200 MHZ Kingstom Fury. There was no way I could get a post with two memories in A2 and B2 slot which is recommended due to dual channels. Post was only possible in B1 and B2 slots. I spent three days researching all the possible errors, forums and unfortunately came across a forum where it is mentioned that if the water cooling is tightened too much it can affect the recognition of the ram slots by the processor. So I removed the water cooling, cleaned the paste, took out the processor and put it back in but tightened it down with the CPU Bending Correction Mounting Buckle LGA 1700 Kit from Thermaltake and also tightened the water cooling down. And suddenly everything works. I saw that there are a lot of people who have similar problems, so let them try this solution. Maybe it will save them from thinking that the error is in the processor, motherboard, memory sticks or something else. Enjoy.