cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus rog strix x370 not able to show correct temperatures for the cpu in windows 10

unexpectedat144
Level 7
Hello I have a problem with my second motherboard of the asus rog strix x370 I send the first one back because it wasn't able to show right temperatures under windows in the bios it's showing the right temperatures with my second board for the ryzen 1700x ,which I also send back and for a other 1700x.I updated my bios from the version 808 from the preinstalled bios version I also rolled back to check if it helps to use the older bios version but it didn't.Today I updated to the bios version 809 I even cleared the cmos that was my last hope and it's still showing me uncorrect temperatures for the cpu.I don't know what I could do else to solve the problem .

46 REPLIES 46

unexpectedat1440p wrote:
what bios version are you using hope the ne 809 version or the 808 version earlier bios like the 4xx maybe doesn't support the 2999mhz freq at the time

I'm at 809 bios and waiting for new ram kit to see if is about the ram.

vlmaca wrote:
So I tried cmos thing ... no help, tried OC thing (TPU1, Fast) ... also no help (just ratio went to 3,6GHz) ...

I'm starting to think it has something to do with RAMs ... We both have corsairs 3000MHz and my CPU temperatures are ok only if I overclock RAM, so it doesn't go past POST and goes to safe mode after forced shutdown. Only then I see correct CPU temp.

What RAMs have the other guys with this issue?

I get the temp. readings with normal/lower ram speed too at 2133mhz why does your pc go in safe mode or doesn't post I don't have that 😞

unexpectedat1440p wrote:
I get the temp. readings with normal/lower ram speed too at 2133mhz why does your pc go in safe mode or doesn't post I don't have that 😞

Well it runs at 2800 now but thats not what bothers me .... I would like to get some opinion from ASUS guys, just to know if it is faulty CPU/MB so I can RMA or if it is some known bug in BIOS and they are going to do something about it. I have no problem to wait ...

Should I let them know somehow, somewhere? where?

I'm running into the same issue on my Strix x370. I didn't really notice when running stock settings (just assumed my new PC was running well), but once I started overclocking I clued in that something was up. I only hit max 50c when pushing 3.8GHz at 1.35v (where it sounds like most people are jumping up into the 70's at those settings).

I see that someone posted a new Bios in this thread that seems to work, but I'm a little wary about installing a bios that hasn't come through officially from Asus.

Any idea if senseMI Skew will be enabled on the next official BIOS update? Sucks that the Crosshair seems to have this option but the Strix does not.

Puckducker wrote:
I'm running into the same issue on my Strix x370. I didn't really notice when running stock settings (just assumed my new PC was running well), but once I started overclocking I clued in that something was up. I only hit max 50c when pushing 3.8GHz at 1.35v (where it sounds like most people are jumping up into the 70's at those settings).

I see that someone posted a new Bios in this thread that seems to work, but I'm a little wary about installing a bios that hasn't come through officially from Asus.

Any idea if senseMI Skew will be enabled on the next official BIOS update? Sucks that the Crosshair seems to have this option but the Strix does not.

update your bios to the 9001 bios you can turn the senseMI Skew off there so it is giving you the right temps.

In the 810 bios version which is now on the offical website the option to turn senseMI Skew off /auto/on is somehow removed or I didn't find it anymore ;( If I use the 810 get wrong Temp. readings again ;(

Correct me If I'm wrong and too dumb to find the option in the new bios version 😜

I'm a little wary to be honest, installing a bios update that I picked up from a forum. If this bios is something that came from Asus, I'm hoping that it will work it's way into an official release (since they've been doing bios updates fairly regularly)

Puckducker wrote:
I'm a little wary to be honest, installing a bios update that I picked up from a forum. If this bios is something that came from Asus, I'm hoping that it will work it's way into an official release (since they've been doing bios updates fairly regularly)

did you read the other conversation I had with the other guy here he did not trust the update either it is a asus bios from a employee working at asus how is that just a"forum bios " :P?

Yeah I read through the rest of the thread. Still wasn't satisfied enough to risk installing it, especially since if it was from an official source it will no doubt be rolled into an official Bios update in the future.

But funnily enough, I've been talking to Asus customer support and they just sent me the same Bios update file, so I guess I was just being overly paranoid. Going to test it out tonight.

Question though, did you find you needed to clear the CMOS first before installing it, or did you just flash the bios to the 9001 update?

Puckducker wrote:
Yeah I read through the rest of the thread. Still wasn't satisfied enough to risk installing it, especially since if it was from an official source it will no doubt be rolled into an official Bios update in the future.

But funnily enough, I've been talking to Asus customer support and they just sent me the same Bios update file, so I guess I was just being overly paranoid. Going to test it out tonight.

Question though, did you find you needed to clear the CMOS first before installing it, or did you just flash the bios to the 9001 update?

just updated it with the ez flash tool in the bios