Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Strix X370-F Gaming & Black Screens

Warlord1981
Level 7
Hello everyone!

My rig is the following:

AMD Ryzen 1700X
ASUS ROG Strix X370-F Gaming (with latest BIOS)
G.Skill F4-3000C15D-16GTZR (Hynix-A die)
Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8GB
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB
NZXT Kraken X62 CPU AIO Cooler
Corsair LL120 + LL140 RGB Case Fans
Windows 10 Pro

I face random black screens with my system that are driving me crazy.

At Windows I always have Corsair Link open (i need it ONLY for my case fans color, because when i close it the fans reset their color to demo mode), as well as CAM Software for controlling the NZXT AIO fans & also monitoring basic temps/rpms.

When I get black screens, the leds on mouse and kb get stuck, the rgb led fans and the VGA reset themselves and all i can do is power off from PSU switch.

At first i thought it was a multi-monitoring software isuse, as read in another thread here. So i am trying to keep them at minimum. Hwinfo and Asus AI Suite uninstalled and everything seemed fine for 2 days. Today i received a small 5-inch screen that I wanted to connect as a second screen and place on the side of my case to monitor temps. The moment i connect the screen (even with ALL monitoring softwares closed) i get black screen after ~5 mins!!

What does this small screen have to do with anything??? I am not sure anymore if the issue is software related or deeper. Maybe after all it is a GPU or PSU issue?

Anyone else struggling for a solution regarding these issues? I am honestly thinking of returning both cpu&mobo and going for Intel side!

This seems to be the most problematic pc i have ever build!

Thank you
1 REPLY 1

poosh
Level 7
Try uninstalling Asus Aura. I had the same problem as you: system freeze, blank screen, reset and power button didn't work; only cold reboot was helping. I was about to return my PC but gave a try on reinstalling Windows first. Full reinstall helped: no freezes during two weeks, prime95 torture tests passed. Then I installed Aura (Lighting_Control_1.07.22) and issue occurred immediately. Uninstalling Aura returned things to normal. Downside: I had to spend Xmas without Xmas lights inside my PC case 🙂

My rig: Ryzen 2700X; Strix X470-F; G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX; Win 10 Pro 64bit.