cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus rampage iv gpu fan header location?

jthesmooth
Level 7
i just got this mother couple days ago im still waiting for my cpu to be shipped before i start my build. i was reading through the manual and looking at the board and is there a specific place to hook up your gpu fan? i have a cooler master haf x case with a fan specifically for the gpu on the side of my case and im not sure how im going to use it on the motherboard.
1 REPLY 1

Lettuce
Level 8
There are 2 types of headers on the board. The Chassis_x headers and the Opt_fanx headers. The Chassis fans run at a constant 100% speed as far as I can tell. The Opt_fan headers correspond to the temperature probe sensors.
So if you wanted to go that route you could use the Opt_fan2 header connected to a fan attached to your GPU and a thermo couple connected to Opt_temp2 so the fan would adjust dynamically. You can set it's speed range within BIOS.

What type of connector do you have on your side fan? If it's molex you'll need an adapter if you want it to dynamically adjust. You'll also need a thermo couple.
Rampage IV Extreme | i7 3930k c1 | 2xAsus DCUIITop GTX 680 Sli | 16G Corsair Vengeance 1600 C9 | OCZ RevoDrive 3 X2 PCI-Express SSD 240GB | 4xWD 500G RAID 1+0 on onboard Intel controller | 4xWD 3TB RAID 5 and 4xWD 1TB RAID5 on HighPoint RocketRAID 2720SGL | AVerTV Duo Hybrid Tv Card | Corsair HX-850 PSU | Corsair Obsidian 800D