cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rampage III Extreme. Help me please!

Dampire
Level 7
Hi!

Recently, I gave to my little brother my old rig, except from my HDD's so he bought to himself a new SSD (Samsung 850 EVO).

He asked me to update its bios to avoid further incompatibilities, so I did and then the problems begun. The CMOS doesn't save time and date anymore, he has to manually adjust the time and clock and all other settings every time he turns the PC on.

Another issue is with the SSD working only connected to the 3.0 port. I installed the IRST 10.5.0.1026 driver, as suggested by ASUS's website and the SSD doesn't works "well" if connected to the 6.0 port (It works but the magician doesn't recognize it). Tried to change the bios parameter from IDE to AHCI and Magician still not finding it, forcing me to accept a SSD working only half of it's potential. :mad:

Tried to use the second bios, to see if it was any incompatibilities, and the problems persisted. 😞

So here I am, looking for your help, because I tried everything that I knew.

Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4

Menthol
Level 14
You could try re flashing your bios to see if it is corrupted, your SSD should be connected to the Intel SATA port for best performance and set to AHCI before OS installation, you cannot change after the OS is installed. Intel IRST drivers are not needed unless you are using a Raid array, Intel chipset drivers are needed
Intel SATA ports = (13)

I've already tried to re flash the bios and the problem with the CMOS date and time not saving remained, therefore I also checked the second bios to see if it was a bios related problem, unfortunately this attempt didn't work as well.

I see now after formatting the SSD and setting AHCI before OS installation it won't save due to CMOS not saving the settings. Is it possible to know where the current from the battery is going to on the motherboard? Perhaps it is a transistor failure.

Thank you!

Reefa_Madness
Level 7
You asked "Is it possible to know where the current from the battery is going to on the motherboard? Perhaps it is a transistor failure", however, nowhere did I read that you have installed a fresh battery. Was that done? If the battery is dead then the time & date will not be saved (see link below).

https://www.howtogeek.com/216124/why-do-pcs-still-require-a-cmos-battery-even-though-they-run-on-ele...

Hi Reefa!

I'm sorry that I didn't highlighted this fact before, however I already have changed the battery when the problems started unfortunately it didn't fix the problem.

So, do you know if this could be a transistor failure?

Thank you!