cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Motherboard shows Code-00 (No POST a lot of times)(MB: Maximus vii Hero)

Lorg_Grimm
Level 7
Hello, For nearly a year I've been receiving error code "00" on my Asus motherboard. No POST happens a lot of times but after turning it off and on for a couple of times(Sometimes just leaving it off for a few hours and then turning it on again) it will again continue to work normally(Again I've been using the computer for nearly a year like this). During the time when "No POST" happens, I've tried removing RAM sticks and i still received the same code.

I've also taken my computer twice to the repair shop. These people did the same thing which I did. They checked with different RAM (Same Code-00), then they changed the PSU (Which I couldn't because I don't have extra parts to test but still same Code-00). And then they say its a motherboard problem and they need to mess with ICs else my computer wont turn on. Another person said my motherboard is dead and i should buy a new mobo instead.

I usually just take the PC back because i know that if i leave it off for a few hours, it ends up working fine(Most of the times it turns on with a couple of attempts).
May I know what should I do to fix the 00 error so my computer works fine always?

Things I have tried:
Resetting the BIOS. Works for a day and then it goes back to Code-00 and after 4-5 attempts of powering On and Off it works fine.

Leaving the system on for 10 or so minutes and then retrying (It works most of the time this way). Saw this on a youtube comment once since a lot of people seem to be getting this 00 error. The explanation which the user gave was that the processor needs a bit of warmth. (But again sometimes it doesn't work).

Keep in mind, when my computer works it works perfectly. I even tried doing the stress test on CPU-Z and it worked fine. Could it be some major problem still?

Specs:

MOBO: Asus Maximus vii hero motherboard
CPU: Intel core i7 Processor (4790K) LGA-1150
PSU: Corsair VS650 ATX Power Supply (650 watt)
RAM: HyperX Memory. 8GB DDR3 (1866 CL10 240 Pin UDIMM) Memory Module
FAN: Cooler master Hyper TX3 Eco (Intel LGA 1151)
SSD: Samsung SSD 850 Pro
Cabinet: Cooler master 912 HAF (Micro ATX/ATX)
3 REPLIES 3

XYchromosone
Level 10
when my older Maximus VIII Hero put out error 00 it also had a lit CPU LED, and i learned that the CPU an i7 7700k was dead. My retailer exchanged it for a new CPU and it fixed that problem.

A suggestion: turn off the power from the wall socket for 30 seconds, then turn it back on and try to boot. Let me know if it boots first time. Do this a few times to verify if whatever the PC does can be repeated.

XYchromosone wrote:
when my older Maximus VIII Hero put out error 00 it also had a lit CPU LED, and i learned that the CPU an i7 7700k was dead. My retailer exchanged it for a new CPU and it fixed that problem.

A suggestion: turn off the power from the wall socket for 30 seconds, then turn it back on and try to boot. Let me know if it boots first time. Do this a few times to verify if whatever the PC does can be repeated.

It's quite sad that the Error Code 00 is actually seen on so many different MOBOs.
I haven't noticed any red led blinks. I can see an orange led blink below my ram area but that's no big deal I guess (heard it shows a working HDD).

As for your suggestion, sometimes yes. As I've said in my post, my computer eventually works on its Xth attempt. Sometimes it works when I turn it on, sometimes it takes 10+ attemps. Sometimes I turn off the power socket for 30+mins(sometimes 30secs) and it works. But it eventually always works (It's been working for like this for nearly a year) and when it turns on, it works fine as it always did. The problem is the initial startup which sometimes takes me 30+mins for that god awful "00" error to disappear and normal working codes to appear.

BTW I feel as if this is important, but when I get the 00 error, My CPU fan spins at full speed (as if my CPU is overheating. It's impossible for my CPU to overheat the moment I start my comp...But my CPU Fan goes

Lorg Grimm wrote:
It's quite sad that the Error Code 00 is actually seen on so many different MOBOs.
I haven't noticed any red led blinks. I can see an orange led blink below my ram area but that's no big deal I guess (heard it shows a working HDD).

As for your suggestion, sometimes yes. As I've said in my post, my computer eventually works on its Xth attempt. Sometimes it works when I turn it on, sometimes it takes 10+ attemps. Sometimes I turn off the power socket for 30+mins(sometimes 30secs) and it works. But it eventually always works (It's been working for like this for nearly a year) and when it turns on, it works fine as it always did. The problem is the initial startup which sometimes takes me 30+mins for that god awful "00" error to disappear and normal working codes to appear.

BTW I feel as if this is important, but when I get the 00 error, My CPU fan spins at full speed (as if my CPU is overheating. It's impossible for my CPU to overheat the moment I start my comp...But my CPU Fan goes

I have had the same problem with mine. Checked all sorts of things, made sure everything was up to date, and still it can take me between 2-10 times to POST. Once it POSTs I never have any problems. I can OC and run everything just fine. No issues with CPU, memory or GPU tests and benchmarks. No problems with any programs. I have searched all over the internet for a solution, and I've found nothing, even though there are plenty of people with the same problem. I'd at least like an explanation if there isn't a solution, but it just seems like no one knows what it is, and Asus doesn't care to put any effort into troubleshooting or explaining either. I contacted their tech support and they just told me to make sure everything was updated and if that doesn't work to send it in for repair. I just don't understand how it needs a physical repair if everything works fine once it's running. It's so frustrating to find dead threads all over the internet about this too.

***END OF RANT***

Anyways, did you ever find a solution for your problem?