cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Maxiumus V Formula/ThunderFX - Windows does not detect video card

SunKissUAE
Level 7
ASUS Maxiumus V Formula/ThunderFX - Windows does not detect video card
I bought a G.Skill memory which is not listed as a QVL and it worked perfectly. However, when tried to install it with one of EVGA GeForce GTX 690 Signature Part Number: 04G-P4-2692-KR, I get a blank screen.
No LED light are on (which means the motherboard does not recognise any problem). And the video card LOGO LED and FAN are ON.

I tried installing one card and both card with same results. When I remove all the memory I get an led light on (see the picture below)

I tried to install one RAM on multiple slots and still no luck. Also, I have tested the memory and used integrated video and all works perfectly.Moreover, I have upgraded it to latest BIOS version 0804. But the problem is still the same.
I really hope someone knows a solution here, because I am driving myself crazy trying to figure this out.
I just got the MB today, and everything has booted and windows installs and works fine. Everything is OK, except one thing: The video card does not even register in Windows. Its nowhere to be found in the Display Manager.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a solution? I really don't want to have to go out and buy a separate video card or RAM memory just because this doesn't work.
3 REPLIES 3

bikeman
Level 7
Onboard graphics normal use?
You can try the bios primary display set to PCIE

Yes I am using onboard intel 4000.
I will look it up in the bios.
Thanks again.

SUKARA
Level 10
If the problem still can't solved...

please try do once CLRTC setting...