cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus VII Impact iROG3 update after power loss

blu37hund3r
Level 7
Hi everyone,

I bought an Asus Maximus VII Impact motherboard for my new ITX built because of its features, and cause i had good experience with Asus yet.
After i had everything put together and did the first boot, everything worked fine.
I haven't done a fresh installation of Windows, just kept my SSD with windows already installed (also on a Z97 Mainboard).

I use a switchable power cord to turn off all the devices like PC, monitor, speakers etc.
Thats why i set the PC to turn on after AC power loss in the BIOS, that worked fine with all the mainboards i had so far.
The Maximus also turns on when i switch the power on, but everytime i do that, it starts updating "iROG3", whatever that is.

The exact massage is:

1% complete

This takes about 2 hours, then reboots and boots into Windows just fine.
But when i then turn off the power, the next time i turn it on again, the same problem occurs.
If i leave the power turned on, and just press the power button to start the PC, everything works fine.

I have read about this problem many times, but often it's about a loop always starting the update again after 100%.
In my case, after the update is completed, the PC boots into windows normally.
The reason why i opened another topic is because there was no real solution, and this might be a special case with the power switch thing.

I did various BIOS updates, i had 2601 installed by default, then updated to the latest 2801, no change, then downgraded to 2701 and back to 2601 again, the problem always stays the same.
After BIOS Updates, it also updates iROG1 and iROG2, takes about 1min each, but not iROG3.

It seems like the problem exists on every VII Impact.
I received another one today and already tried, but it behaves the same way as the first one.

Does anyone have an idea what i can do?

My specs:
Asus Maximus VII Impact
Intel i5 4670
Corsair XMS3 16GB (2x 😎 1600
Nvidia GeForce GTX 980
2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
Corsair CS550M
In Win 901 Case
2 REPLIES 2

Adamanter
Level 7
Same problem here. The only solution is to deactivate the Bios Option "Restore AC Power Loss". Dont use the "Power On" option.
Use "Power Off" and start the PC via Power Button.

I contacted the Asus support without any success now. I think its a Bios bug.

blu37hund3r
Level 7
Thanks for your reply,

I've tested that, it works with "Power Off", but i need to have the option to turn on the PC remotely.
I now leave it plugged in and turn it on via WOL.
This works as fine as my first solution.

But this bug still makes the "Restore after AC Power Loss" option useless.
I've also contacted ASUS, no real solution yet, just 'please try to use another power cord' etc. 😄
I would like to see a BIOS update for this problem.