cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus VII Hero - OC Failed after Update 1903 Win 10

cyber_flame
Level 7
Hi Guys!

I am facing issue of Overclocking failed after update Windows 10 Pro x64 to version 1903. Earlier 4790k was running at 4.8 Ghz @1.275v and 4.9Ghz @1.3v
but after update getting BSOD with two errors in random

1) Clock_watchdog_timeout
2) WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Tried every possible thing, but not working even system not stable at 4.8Ghz for long at 1.3v. Also 4.9Ghz is not working even with 1.35v whereas processor is not heating up though system boot with 4.9Ghz @1.35v (and at auto 1.396v) and logged details via HwInfo64 for any heat up or power issue but all things are normal.

Note: I already delided processor and applied Conductonaut Liquid Metal to cool it down in February 2019.

I also tried to rename mcupdate_genuineintel.dll but that also doesn't work though after rename system was much faster but overclocking not work.

Some says, check with someone who have 4790k with Asus Maximus Vii Hero motherboard and have 100% working "mcupdate_genuineintel.dll" file. Copy that file to my system to get rid of OC fail error.

So after all things, now I am posting here to get resolve this issue.
3 REPLIES 3

Puffnstuff
Level 10
Before you download an infected file have you tried repairing the file using sfc or dism?
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

steveo888
Level 7
After updating to 1903 my overclocking settings worked just fine, I always Image my system drive before any windows feature upgrades, I take it you never made an Imaged before upgrading? Also have you tried clearing cmos and starting overclocking from scratch?

steveo888 wrote:
After updating to 1903 my overclocking settings worked just fine, I always Image my system drive before any windows feature upgrades, I take it you never made an Imaged before upgrading? Also have you tried clearing cmos and starting overclocking from scratch?

Yes I did all, you mentioned but its not going more than 4.7Ghz @1.25v. Don't know why its happening.