cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus VII Hero Issues: Q-Code 99 with "no signal" showing on monitor.

shinobirain
Level 7
Greetings fellow Asus motherboard owners; as the title implies I am currently having issues with the Asus Maximus Hero VII.

Just as the title describes, I am getting a Q-code error: 99
With a "no signal" message from my monitor

However I have found that without plugging in my graphics card with the PCI-E plugs, I get the error code b2.
This is my first time building a computer so I'm not quite sure if this is a big flag, but the information is there for you.

Below is my current build:
Intel core i5-4690K
Asus Maximus VII Hero
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb (2x8gb) 1866
Samsung 840 EVO
Western Digital Blue
MSI Geforce GTX 980
SeaSonic 620w 80+ Bronze fully-modular
Asus monitor : MX239H
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 stealth
Razer DeathAdder 2013
NZXT H440 case

If there is any information that you can care about this subject that would shed some light on the matter, please do not hesitate to type it all down !!

Thank you are you beauty people~!
5 REPLIES 5

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi shinobirain and Welcome to ROG. Unfortunately it is a big flag and can be one of many things.

Qcode 99 is "Super IO Initialization" and IO meaning anything connected to the board by any interface is not initializing.
If you have just built the system, then it is saying a device is not connected properly or there is a lack of power to a device causing the IO error.

First check all cables and components are seated flush and level and aligned in parallel with Pci-e slots and your DIMMs seated correctly.

Should the condition continue, you will have to Bench test outside the case and reapply your TIM after checking for bent pins. Test with minimal configuration, till you post successfully or identify the failing component.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

You can check a solution for 99 code in http://www.asusqcodes.com/index.php?inputCode=99

SrDidE
Level 7
Found on: http://www.asusqcodes.com/index.php?inputCode=99
This may be due to various reasons, a failure in the BIOS or defective or faulty motherboard. You can try to disconnect the Graphic Card and use integrated on the motherboard. If this does not work, another option would be to make a BIOS FLASHBACK to downgrade the BIOS, simply record the specific files to a USB pen drive, connect it to the PC and then turn on the PC by pressing FLASHBACK key on the motherboard for more detailed instructions you can check this video in Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVvHwq3syqI

xthane
Level 7
If anyone else gets QCODE 99, also make sure your monitor is set to the proper connection input to your GPU. I just spent an hour and a half using process of elimination and remembered the last time I used my monitor was for an HDMI input while my GPU is using Display Port.

xthane wrote:
If anyone else gets QCODE 99, also make sure your monitor is set to the proper connection input to your GPU. I just spent an hour and a half using process of elimination and remembered the last time I used my monitor was for an HDMI input while my GPU is using Display Port.

March 2022 followup to this for anyone else that comes across this while searching out QCODE 99- different motherboard but was also getting QCODE 99 and couldn't figure out why. My monitor was also set to the wrong input. Switched it over to the correct one - HDMI in this case and system posted immediately on restart.